1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

City Driveways

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by croche1260, Sep 16, 2014.

1. croche1260

croche1260 Junior Member
    from 02131

Looking to get started on my own Snow Removal Biz. I have plowed/shoveled/snow blown for someone else for years now. But, I started my own Landscaping business and want to supplement with snow management. I have the truck, just need a plow or blower.

My question is, I live in a city area(Boston suburb) so what is the best way to attack those small driveways? Plow or Blow? Question with plowing, where do you put the snow? The streets are narrow and tight and the driveways are small. Would a snow blower team be plenty?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not trying to be rude, what did you do when you were at the other place? Plow or blow? Did you ever notice what other companies are doing out there

3. croche1260

croche1260 Junior Member
    from 02131

The other company was in a different location. Driveways were much bigger, it was more rural so a plow was a must. I've since moved and thats why I want to start on my own.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok..........

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Good luck

Between traffic, small streets, no place to put the snow. Cant even park the truck to blow a drive! where you going to put the truck ? In the drive your trying to plow? in the street (and block the street) park in the neighbors drive (good luck with that). suppose you could do 2 houses next to each other park in one blow the other move truck blow the second drive. I plow metro west Boston (suburbs) how you going to get around in the city in a big storm?

If you do figure it out I hope you charge a LOT to make up for the PIA its going to be.

JMO

6. croche1260

croche1260 Junior Member
    from 02131

How far West are you? I am hoping to get started in the W. Rox, Roslindale area. Maybe expand a bit to Newton. Trying to figure out the best way to tackle the idea.

7. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

What are the dimensions of these driveways, on average?

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Jump on YouTube and learn.