1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Citizens Bank

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Oct 4, 2011.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone do these banks? For some reason the main hq sent out letters to most of the landscaping/snowplowing companies that their contracts have been canceled. I got one yesterday also and the property manager has no clue what's going on and he's in charge of most of them in the Buffalo area and the season starts in 2 weeks. They started last June(10) to get them all signed in time for last year, So if anyone knows what's going on let me in on it.
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

You already know Grandview.........
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

The National I bid this through was not awarded the contract, that much I know.

August 12, 2011

To: Valued Bidding Contractor

Re: Citizens Bank Bid- 2011

Dear Valued Bidding Contractor,

....................... would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your bid proposal(s) for Citizens Bank. With regret the locations have not been awarded to.........
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

In NJ, ive seen them out for bid.. USM was offering to pay "or not pay like they always do", $2700-$3400 seasonal for their 24hr sites , what a joke.:confused:

Ive heard of others cheaper and even our local town TurD bank said they have a budget of $3000, told them theres no way we could offer 24hr service for nov 15th - march 31st seasonal including salt & plowing of a 70 spot parking lot and two entrances and sidewalks for that.
  5. grandview

We were just awarded 3 year contracts this year. And now Citizens sent out cancellation notices to everyone that they won't be plowing this year. They still are keeping in house but jut trying to figure out why .
  6. NickT

NickT Senior Member

How can they cancel a contract? In ohio you have three days from sign date to cancel but it sounds as if this is not the case.
  7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Right now, more than ever, you really have to watch who your doing business w/ & probably even more important, where you keep your money. I would keep really close tabs on this, as many more banks will probably be failing over the next 6-12 months, but any day now it can happen w/ little to no warning. I trust the FDIC, about as much as I trust any bank.

I tried to find something related, and this is all I have for now:

Click on the tabs up top, to find out about others as well.
  8. grandview

Royal Bank of Scotland own these banks. They put all vendors on a 3 year contract. But some reason they canceled the snowplowing. Should be fun because all their banks are in the Northeast.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Lots of these banks here too in ohio that would be charter one bank
  10. grandview

That's what these were before they were bought out.
  11. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

I talked to a guy i sub from in pittsburgh and he got the cancelation letter to. He said USM got everything.