1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cincy salt prices

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Drottlawn, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Whats the going rate for bulk salt around the area this year. My supplier wants the same if not a little more than last year. I heard that it is a little lower this year with most people. I want to see if it is time to move to a new supplier. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Anyone buying bulk salt this year?

3. JPK

JPK Junior Member

I have got prices from $68-75 ton. My price has gone down a little from last season.

4. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

I'm in the same boat... I'm in the Dayton area....just in case you couldn't tell by my username.......

I was quoted $56 per ton but I drug my feet a little long and got bumped down the list... I believe that is over.... But ya I'm in his range too. For 50# bags I'm a little up.

5. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Right at $68 delivered

6. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Who are you guys using? I was using CWS and they want around 80. They still haven't told me the exact price. I am in the fairfield area.

7. JPK

JPK Junior Member

We are using Advanced Turf Solutions. There service is great they get the loads out fast. Let me know if you want our contact.

8. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Could you tell me who you are using. I am waiting to hear back from with a grain of salt. My buddy uses them and says they are good. Thanks

9. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Did you operate out of finneytown at one point. Your sig sounds familiar. I knew of a JPK that used forest lytle property to run out of, is this you? Just curious, I will definitely take your contacts name and number. Thanks for the help!:waving:

10. JPK

JPK Junior Member

That is not me our shop is in Florence. Give Roy a call at ATS his number is 859-743-1414.Tell him Jim gave you the number.

11. Krasy Joe

Krasy Joe Junior Member

Holy Crap....Im gettin screwed with no dinner first. I have to pay $92 / ton. I am in Canada though. :cry: