1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cincy bulk salt suppiers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FFD133, Feb 19, 2008.

1. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Anyone near the Cincinnati area that knows who sells bulk salt, please let us know asap. Everyone in Indy is out and we are willing to travel for salt. Thanks.

2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Cincinnati Wholesale Supply is where I get mine. They do not actually have it, but ship it direct from the river. Give them a call.:waving:

3. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

do you by any chance have a number for them? I couldn't seem to find one online

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

513-881-4580

5. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I used to work for Jamies Stone Center, they sell bulk buy the yard.

6. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

danscapes,
    What was their price per yard?

7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I was able to get 150 tons from Cin Wholesale this week. The driver told me on the last load that the pile was almost gone and this would be it. The only one I know in cincy that has salt is Evans.

8. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Drott, I can't remember off hand just call them the number is 942-0499 and its in west chester.

9. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I also know that if you call consolidated grain and barge in Cincinnati you can possibly get the salt straight from the source.

10. Skaggs Lawn Care

Skaggs Lawn Care Junior Member

Is that Evans Landscaping?

11. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Sorry to say, NOW WE HAVE A SALT SHORTAGE!:realmad: Just found out last night after posting the info.:cool:

12. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

CWS was completely out this morning and Evans was taking names for their next truckload @ $125 ton. Last 6 ton was delivered this PM, time to go all bagged.

13. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

i understand and am all about the rule of supply and demand but i think evans is a joke. way to treat your loyal cust by doubling your price in a pinch. they do it every year but have never seen it go over 85 a ton before. thats why i only use them if i'm in a bind now but i was told next shipment was coming in march 4th alot of good that does i prob have enough to scrape by this week hopefully unless somebody on here has 20 or 30 ton they don't need and i'll be glad to take it off they're hands! LOL

14. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

We talked to Evans last night at about 5pm and they quoted us $90/ton. We called back this morning and they quoted us $100 or $105 a ton, and now you are saying they are charging $125????? That is about as bad as the oil companies! Way to go Evans. Looks like your greed will cost you future customers as it should! Just think, if you kept it at the original $85 that ACA stated, you would be keeping people happy and you would make more by quantity. However, you continue to jack up your prices and are turning people off to you, which in turn will have you making less. Good decision.

15. oasisland

oasisland Junior Member

Think thats bad , Last week i was paying 87.00 yrd pls tx. this week went to 140 yrd pls tx.

16. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

thats exactly what they did to me i used to run approx 200 to 300 thru them then got tired of them jacking with price so i switch suppliers. this yr i used them for maybe 15 ton or so just when i think i might be running low and have a little extra time to run and get. went there today and was charged almost 200 dollars to fill a half ton truck crazy!!!!! i'm a very loyal person as i think all biz minded people should be thats why for the last couple of yrs i've heard alot of bitchin thru out the biz comunity about them hell i even switched to forest lytle for my mulch supplier wouldn't bother me if i never had to give them a dime again but hell if i tried to give them a dime they'd asked for a quarter! like i said i understand there in biz to make money but a little loyality and a little less greed would that be asking to much?? this is the first time in 15 yrs that i've been in a situation where i'm cutting it close and not deliveries in sight. whats everyone else doing , whats the word on the street when salt could be coming bzak told me they had no idea when and divisions told me march 4 if i wanted it

17. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Bzak was cutting bags and screening it for bulk but still charging $100 We got pinched by Evans this morning I deal with them alot as well. I beleive in give us a break to. I dont know what we are going to do. We have less than 5 on us we will go through that in a couple hours. Both have no idea when we will see more. They are holding all the salt down on the river for municipal and highway crews.

ACA
    Did you say you are still able to get salt?

18. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

i do most of my work thru divisions here and they called me yesterday and said they have some coming in on march 4th definitely not soon enough to get thru these next couple of days hopefully by the 4th things will be settling down with the shortage by then. i haven't heard anything on any leads to bulk going to really suck to have to go the bag route @ 30 ton per event going to severely eat into profit margin.

19. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

get while its hot guys. as of 8 this morn evans has a few truckloads of bulk in and coming in thruout the day . and with the bargain price of 150 ton as of this morning people will still be standing in line to get it till its gone. just an update if anyones looking no deliveries but pick up what you can. i decided to go the bag route and got it for 140 ton so bought 12 skids to tide me over if i run out of bulk

20. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes we found that out this morning as well. We found bags for $155 a skid so we are going that route for now. They still don't even know what we are actually getting in accumulation anyway. I have heard three different things.:cry: