1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cincy 4 trucks need work

Discussion in 'Employment' started by fernalddude, Nov 26, 2014.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Guys well this season just started with a bang. The snow we had last week I did not go out with the national because I had been asking for contracts and terms for 2 months with not even a reply either phone call or email. Then last Sunday at 5pm they call and ask if iam ready I had trucks ready to go but they would not talk terms or pay just" we will take care of it " Not having a good feeling about this when I woke up at 11pm the lead truck batts were dead. The spare parts on the shelf were for another truck so after trying to rebuild everything I stopped at 3am and sent a text to them that I was not going out on this storm. They fired off text just drag it out of the way. Now with no contracts or guarantee of payment I said something is not good with this deal so I sat that one out 35 years never missed a storm. I set a email to the new branch mgr Monday to review contracts he said he had and I was informed that they wont need my services this season. Now 12 years 5 mgrs later I out in the cold without any work so if anybody in cincy needs some help I have 4 trucks just sitting. Going to make some calls this week to the other locals to see if I can pick up some work any contacts would be great. Thanks Guys

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

That sux

We're they a long time customer?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So looking back do you wish you would have went out. It's hard when you have all your eggs in one basket.

4. fernalddude

Iam good with my decision the last few years it was getting worse they lost tons of contracts because of the last branch manager.

5. jstew

jstew Junior Member
    from Medina

Is Manchester within your radius.

6. fernalddude

As in adams county if so it to far out I am on the west side of cincy

7. jstew

jstew Junior Member
    from Medina

We don't have anything by there at the moment but if we get a late add on I will keep you in mind.

8. fernalddude

Thanks sounds like a plan