1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cigarette lighter plug with on off switch

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DodgeBlizzard, Feb 9, 2011.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

The old rotator strobe's cigarette lighter plug broke a wire. I replaced it twice with cheapo ends. I want to get a new plug end that has an on / off switch like my newer strobe light has. Anybody have a link or a website that sells these type of switches? Thanks in advance.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Radio shack sells them with a 10' cord...

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i have one laying in my shop, its your for postage.

4. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

speedtech.com sells them.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

6. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

yep, thats it

7. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Not sure if this will make sense, or you've already solved the problem, but...
    At Canadian Tiretymusic go and buy a little switch. Most vehicles have a space somewhere on the dash that has removable pieces of plastic, remove one, drill a large enough hole to fit the switch into, cut the wire to the cigarette plug, split it into two (hook the cigarette lighter back up), hook the other to the switch, run wires from the switch the light and you`re all set. This is what we`ve done to the green volunteer firefighter lights. Works perfect because it looks professionally done. It`s also very cheap, and you don`t have to mess around with wires, just hide them

8. AA Snowplowing

AA Snowplowing Junior Member

Radio Shack has one with on/off switch and a pilot light indicating on. . .

9. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

Just make sure you find one that will take atleast 15 amps 20 would be better.