1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cigarette lighter/pattern switch

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kurtandshan, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Hi all,
    I am looking to wire my new-to-me Sho-me mini bar to a cigarette plug. However, I would like to be able to switch patterns. Is it possible to find the cigarette plug that has the two switches(one momentary for pattern switch) and if so, can I wire the pattern wire directly to that or is there some other configuration I need? (I am electrically impaired as far as wiring goes)

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The magnetic bars have those cig plugs with switches. Try calling them and see if they'll sell ya one.

3. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Found them on Sirennet.com....going to have order one. If anyone has seen them the picture shows white,black and green wires on the power cord, can I just match up the wires and be good to go???

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes, wire color doesn't matter as long as its hooked up correctly.

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure if we have the same bar but on the bottom of my ABLE light bar you can change the patterns by clicking the button under the light.