1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cigarette Lighter not working right!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BOSSMAN21, Dec 19, 2008.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Today I went out to finish up a business that I do across the street from where I live and when I went to flip on my lightbar, it wouldnt work, so I thought it was the light bar so I hooked up my backup wirlers and they didnt work either. Any knowledge about this would be great, thanks.

2. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

its not a fuse??

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

check the fuses

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Those plug in lightbars can get hot and melt at the plug. Also sometimes there is a fuse in the plug itself. I would cut the cord and put it on a switch that is fused. Just a better way to do it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  5. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

If its not a fuse there is a wire behind the cig lighter that just pushes on I believe and can fall off happened to my ford.

6. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Thanks guys I will check it out tomorrow, hopefully before the storm hits tomorrow and sunday.

7. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

If its not a fuse there is a wire behind the cig lighter that just pushes on I believe and can fall off happened to my ford

Ok this might be it but how do I get the base out of the hole? do I have to pry it out?

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

There's a long base that un threads from the lighter ...It holds it to the dash