1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Churches good or bad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by littlerhino, Oct 17, 2001.

1. littlerhino

littlerhino Junior Member
    from Mi

I bid on two churches this week parking lots and sidewalks.Has any one ever had a hard time collecting on these type of accounts.Or has anyone had good experiances with them any answers would be greatly appreciated thanks

Also can someone tell me if this is a good price for a new plow weastern/8' newest plow they make not a boss or V plow i can't remember what it's called $3350.00 two season warr. also that includes mounting it to my new truck. thanks:confused:
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

the ultramount. sounds like a fair price to me.
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome the the forum!

They can be a great complement to your commercial accounts. Most of the week they only need service on a limited portion of the lot, not the whole thing. (depending on church size and lot size) You can skip or be late on weekends on certain types of commercial accounts and with a few churches, it can make a GREAT fit.

We've have no problems collecting on churches we service.

I was quoted $2645.00 for a 8' Western Steel Pro-plow this fall.
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Not only do churches usually allow you variable times to plow (except on weekends) they also can be a great way to attract business. People tend to notice when the parking lot is nice and clear for Midnight mass or after a big storm in the winter. They may ask who does the plowing or see you in action. I plow two churches and have never had a problem collecting money from them. Most churches in my area at least have a solid financial position.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I have seriously considered marketing my business (or a new one like it) as churches only! We love those accounts. They are never a problem for paying on time, and they pay well. As the others mentioned, the schedules are a little more lenient, at least on the smaller ones.
  6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

The plow I quoted was not an Ultra-Mount and those things are SaWeet!

POTENTIAL downside of churches:
    Can be political (most are not, but be aware.)
    Always have somebody that attends there or marries someone who goes there, ya know.

Everybody has a cousin....
  7. littlerhino

littlerhino Junior Member
    from Mi

how much is the ultra mount and they are sweet the hand grip control is so comfee.very nice when youve been driving for72 hour spreeds
  8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Rhino, New ultra mount 7.5 with hand grip control
    Syracuse NY $ 3300 installed........
    Went to the BBQ and was quoted $2900 installed
    in Poughkeepsie....Be back there next week for
    install........Worth the drive for the price........Geo