1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Church bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Buchananj, Dec 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

hey guys i just placed a bid on a church lot and i was wondering if im over charging or under charging the lot has a 50' drive way then two parking areas that are 300' by 62' and then another drive area thats 300' by 17' and about 150' of sidewalk i placed my bid as
    Snow Plowing (initial clearing up to 6") 2" trigger $300
    after 6" $120.00/hr
    sidewalks $100
    rock salt $50 per application normally 2 per storm

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well your salt is to low ,with churches you can make more by salting. I sure hope those 6 inches of snow is when they are closed,you don't need to get everyone mad at you. Old people talk and if they know who is plowing their church they will bad mouth you all over town.

Got a pix of this church?

3. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

im also using my dodge ram 1500 with a meyer 7.5 st plow
    [​IMG]

4. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

its not letting me upload the pic of the church...

5. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

how much would you charge for everything over a 6" snow storm?

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Wow
    You charging 120 per hr for a 7.5ft plow WOW I live in the wrong part of the country

How long you think it take clear the lot under 6'' of snow of this size with a 7.5 plow

7. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

my estimate for me just to plow is 1 to 1 1/2 hours but my parents (im 17) say its gonna take me 3 hours but they have never seen me plow

8. grandview

Tough call but I wouldn't hire you because of your age.Who's insurance is this business on?

9. Antlerart06

Im speechless

10. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

its under mine im insured for $1,000,000 and the truck title is in my name as well.this my second year plowing and 8th doing lawn care i also have another commercial place that actually was the reason i started to plow

11. grandview

How did you get insurance and the million is on the truck? What about GL insurance? If your plowing for money and hit something your insurance won't cover it.

12. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

its split between the truck and me and i just went to my insurance agent and told him im getting a plow and need coverage so even though the regulations say no commercial under 18 or something like that. my agent is a family friend and told his boss that i need the insurance because im plowing no matter what and they gave it to me for like 2100 a year versus 2600 a year without plowing and towing

13. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

also in my policy it states if its a vehicle building, person etc it does cover me

14. grandview

You better check that. Did you tell them your plowing commercially or just plowing ? Won't cover you if your plowing for money. You better read it and have your parents read it.They maybe responsible for what you do.

15. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

it covers me for both i had my agent and my parents go over it and explain it. and its insurance for my business overall which includes plowing

16. Antlerart06

Your Insurance must be different then mine My son is 19 this 2nd yr plowing with me in a truck
    My insurance would not cover him driving a plow truck when he was under the age of 18 But would cover him on everything else
    Hope you and ur parents best of luck hope dont come back bite you in the rear

17. cod8825

cod8825 Member

Is there some weird pushing or areas that are hard to get to because you are only plowing about 2/3 of an acre of lot. If it is long rectangular that you can push to the end it would seem an easier push that could be done in an hour or less. The plowing seems fine a little high on sidewalks but that is here vs there. The salt will kill you though raise the price at what your charging you might as well do it for free.

Matt

18. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

not really but there are islands but they are where the actual parking spaces are so i plan to push it all away from the church into the grass in the middle and around the outside.
    Antler- who is your insurance company?

19. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Why dont you just give me the address and Ill go look at it for you, Im in Allentown everday for work and my dad is in Easton everyday for work.

I can tell you, being as we are in the same area $120 per hour with that little blade and truck is too much. You should be at $80 ah hour or something like that. If you can get it great, but if your bidding against others, forget it

Let me know if you ned any local help

Matt

20. Buchananj

Buchananj Member

likewise send me your information over pm also the reason i charge so much is because they need it cleared as much as possible all the time because something is always going on