1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chuck Smith's Competition

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landman, Jan 3, 2003.

1. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

2. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

"A very clean like new manual" What the ****!!!!!
    This sounds like some real looser!!!!

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The first sentence in the description is all I needed -

"Snowplowing is a terrific way to make a lot of money in a short period of time."

Uh-huh. :rolleyes: After buying equipment, commercial vehicle and general liability insurance, advertising etc how much money did he clear the first two years (if he, in fact, plowed at all)?

Chuck Smith and John Allin - watch out. This guy is willing to sell the secrets of snowplowing for $9.

4. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Profitable???

It took this guy 7 hours to make $310???? What the heck did he do, use two shovels? I guess when he went up to $560 in 7 hours he bought a snowblower for the pickup bed. I wonder if he read the part in the first chapter, " you are highly encouraged to install a snowplow on your truck, before plowing".

Very funny!!!

5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Maybe he was trying to plow with a hummer with no plow!

Rick

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

"The manual is condensed to 25 pages with a lot of content. No filler or useless information. It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". "

A WHOLE 25 pages? Wow, I am impressed. LOL.

Maybe SIMA will make it study material for the CSP Certification Exam.

FYI, I have seen the ad on Ebay for that manual before. It has been around for a year or so. I think the web site that sells the original sells it for $14.95 I think it was "plowingforprofit.com" or something like that. Maybe "snowprofits.com"? A bucnch of get rich quick manuals...

I forget...

~Chuck

7. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

But still, ya got to have some snow to get rich:D
    Mark K
    still no snow in Iowa

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I wrote to the auther and this was his response. See Nate I am an equal opertunity offender.
    "The manual is very informative and helps the beginning snowplower immensely, where they don't have to compete against huge commercial or industrial plowers like yourself. One individual plower cannot do the work of a whole force of plowers. So whether the individual plower is making $300, $500, or $800 a night, for one person and their own truck, that is a good amount of money to earn in a few hours.

If you think this manual is bogus, I guess you haven't seen the one out there that someone is selling for $70. Talk about a waste of money."
    I never said I was a huge industrial plower, but I guess he thinks 5 trucks is huge.
    Dino

Last edited: Jan 5, 2003
  9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

If $70 is such a waste of money, surely spending $3500 for a new plow is a waste when you can buy a Snow Bear, or bolt on some plywood to your truck for much less, or maybe buy a snow blower instead... wait, a shovel is even cheaper, and you can walk from site to site doing residential driveways in a trailer park... I think I figured out his grand plan!

~Chuck