1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chrome bumper repair

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dag-otto, Nov 20, 2005.

1. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

I have two nice scratches in my Ford chrome bumper. Besides spending 250 on a new bumper, is there anything I can do to fix it; so it at least doesnt rust this season? I tried the aluminiun foil bollocks and that just let me with a palm full of tin-foil and wifey screaming at me for using the last roll of tinfoil :)

Thanks lads
  2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

if your just concerned with it rusting- brush some clear on the scratch, or any paint for that matter
  3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Stop the rust with something like Oshpo, or some other chemical then clean it and check with your local sign shop. They have vinyl chrome that they cut letters out of. may not be pirty but it will help for the winter.
  4. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

well...the wifey might scream a bit...just dont get caught...but the best quick fix for a scratch of any kind (paint or chrome) is clear fingernail polish. its plentiful, probably already have it at home, and is very cheap to buy if you dont have any at home.
  5. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Thanks men. I gave the nail polish a go. Will see how it holds. I am going on 9yrs married now, so if she wears nail polish it wont be for me. :)