1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

christmas week snowstorm in the midwest...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by trqjnky, Dec 19, 2009.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

they are predicting another 14" storm for iowa starting wed and going untill friday... got a new plow edge put on, new front axle, just want to get a new set of tires before this next storm hits... everyone ready???
  2. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

im in st. louis and always ready.
    where you at in iowa
    spent alot of time there in college hunting and driving back roads drunk
  3. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

As ready as we can be. After the last one I am just wishing for a easy 1 to 3 inch snow.
  4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Who is predicting this?

Got a link?
  5. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Our local tv station is starting to say it is going to be big but what do they know. Snow day.org is saying it is going to be large as well.
  6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

local tv station is saying this. they were talking to stranded motorists where the storm is locally saying how brutal it was. never know, could miss us by a mile and just be a nuisance drizzle rain.

im outside of council bluffs by about 20 miles
  7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thats funny you would say that, when your website is in your sig... hope your customers dont see it...
  8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I think my customers would understand college and it has been 15 yrs since college.
    my customers could care less about the past they know my service now.
    Maybe I will add it to my website and then ask if they ever did dumb stuff in college.
    I am sure it will end my business.
  9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

its not coming here!
  10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

They said that with the last storm. I think we got maybe 6inches down here.
  11. Premier

Premier Senior Member

latest as of this morning for madison wi is about 6" on thursday. I can go with that, dont need another 18" snow..