1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Crumm, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Anyone get there house dressed up for Christmas yet? How about some pictures. I got mine done the other day and here it is.

P1010133.JPG

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Looks good Crumm! :waving:

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Thanks.. How about some pictures of others?

4. The Boss

I want to do something like the Griswalds but the "Boss" of the house won't let me. :(

5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

What did the Griswalds do?

6. The Boss

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase "Clark W. Griswald" covered his whole house including the roof with christmas lights. :D

7. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

That would be cool but I am already worried about the power bill. When I turn them all on the meter looks like the disk in a cd player. I spent $300 on lights and am afraid I might spend another $300 on the power to run them. Oh well tis the season to be jolly.

8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice job crumm!! :D

9. PLOWGRRL

PLOWGRRL Member

OOOOOOHHHH...... PREEEETTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY!
    i still have to do ours...

10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Nice Crumm!!!
    This is the only one I could dig up, iam almost finished with this years, they don't get turned on until December 6th or so, I was working on them today. The picture is not that good, its better in person.

Lights2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Crummy nice!

:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Is that a Ghost, smoke or your glove above your house?

12. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Nice lights and SNOW :) :) :)
    Ha not here no lights and plenty of green grass :cry:

13. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I found that taking pictures of lights in the dark doesn't work out all that well. Nice looking lights and that snow looks like some real nice stuff. Ours is not normally that fluffy looking. Ours is more ice crystaly.

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Could be the ghost of Christmas but I think it is my breath. It was a little cold out that day.

15. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

You still have snow? :p

16. cja1987

I wish.
    That was from last year about this time, we had about 2' on the ground from end of nov until Beginning of Jan. Now we have a few piles left in the really biggggggggggg parking lots, like malls, but its only very small piles.

17. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Hey Crumm what is that star hanging on in your pic? Seems to high for a chimney but I could be wrong.

18. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Looking good Crumm! I'm lucky to get lights up around the front of the house...scared to death of heights! :eek:

My wife always laughs at me...big burly guy up on the extension ladder and she can hear it rattle as I'm shaking like a leaf up there.

Buck

19. cja1987

LOL, Iam used to the ladder by now, have someone hold it, that helps alot. I was up on the roof just an hour ago which is what scares me, i can walk fine on the pitched roof and i can get up on it from the laddar pretty easy. The problem is getting down, i hate the idea of kneeling sideways on the very edge of a 45 degree pitched roof up 35' trying to get one foot on to the ladder and then transfer my weight back to the ladder with out it falling out from under me :cry: Do not attempt without someone holding the ladder. I climb alone up to maybe 15' but after that it is stupid not to have someone holding the ladder.

20. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Same here I hate getting back onto the ladder from the roof. Heck on our roof when I'm done I go to the lowest point and just jump off. :p Its alot easier for me and Ill keep using that way until I grow to old and stiff and hurt myself. :nod: :jester: