1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas eve and 50 degrees

Discussion in 'Weather' started by john95chevy, Dec 24, 2006.

1. john95chevy

john95chevy Junior Member

i dont think i ever remember a christmas this warm it dosent even feel like christmas. we need snow .
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

idk how warm it is here, but iv seen 2 guys on motor cycles while i was out working on my truck.
  3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I saw three guys go by me on bikes today. They said this is the warmest december in history. In the Northeast that is.
  4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I thought about getting my bike out, but we need the snow! Just have to keep working on my equipment and be ready to go. It will happen.
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Yeah i took my bike out today also saw a couple other people out there.
    I looked at my records from last year...Dec 24th was 45 and rain starting late, Dec 25th was 43 and spotty rain. So now i dont feel so bad about this year.
  6. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I just called family in western new york and we were talking about how back in 1985 we were putting a roof on my dads house. I dont think the weather pattern has changed as much as we think it has. In a month from now we,ll be talking about if this cold spell will ever let up :) MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
  7. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

Hehe, I went to the store today in shorts, t-shirt, with a hoodie for a jacket. I believe the grass is greener at mine and neighbors houses now than it was in the summer. I was really holding out that we would have a white christmas. Not gonna happen I guess. Last few years it seems were somewhat warm right up to christmas anyhow, then snow just before christmas day.

Yep, we'll probalby be complaining about the cold soon enough. I do little plowing anymore, so doesn't much matter to me anyhow.
  8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Don't it just make you sick.
  9. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

They actually hydoseeded a downtown libraray project last week, and the sad part is I think it's growing! My grass really needed a good mowing now also.
  10. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

We had thunder on saturday night around 9pm :( 2 crappy winters in a row
  11. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

is too warm here too

is 46 degrees here now and holding steady..
  12. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

This is true, but do you remember how pathetic last winter was? We had only one decent storm.
  13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Last year i plowed 3 times before Christmas, and 9 times total for the season.
    6 events were between 1-5 inches,
    2 events were between 6-10inches
    and the main one was the blizzard in Feb which was 22" at my house.
  14. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

been a long time since i was able to ride my bike in 65 degree weather in end of November, but we still need the snow, besides bike is in pieces right now getting more go faster parts.:drinkup:
  15. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I'm putting my boat in the water saturday to go for a ride.
    This is ridiculous.
    Boating season starts March 15th. Bet it will be cold then.
  16. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

30 here now but 50's predicted by Tuesday when it is supposed to.................rain. :(
  17. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

This Is Bs

This Really Sucks Hear In Nj It Is 50 Out When The Hell Is It Going To Change Its Going To Be Hot I See All The Way Up To The Jan 8 This Sucks It Needs To Do Something Soon
  18. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

christmas eve

same here in New York... this is depressing..:(