1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chris Carlile

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Chris Carlile, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Chris Carlile

Chris Carlile Junior Member

New to forum and to plowing. Several yrs. ago I purchased an 03 Ram 2500 w/ Hemi. Truck came with older Western plow. 7' 6" , four verticle ribs with a horizontal angle iron in the middle section. 3 springs with no shock but apparently the tab to hook it to. From looking at this site I believe it is a unimount standard. Moldboard is heavily pitted and rusted thru in one area. Thinking of either patching or re-skinning. Question I have is has anyone checked if the 7' 6" replacement skin from Meyers will match up to this Western frame? I did note on one thread that someone had installed Meyers wings on a Western and the photos showed the curve of the wing matching the curve of the plow perfectly. Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think I'd get a gently used unimount rather than deal with that.

They're going fairly cheap around here.

3. Chris Carlile

Thanks for your reply OneBadDodge06. I have had my eye out on CL locally but nothing yet. I'm not in a big rush so I will keep looking. I can always patch the old one in the meantime! All the best.

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

5. Chris Carlile

Hi PhilBilly 2∅,
    Thanks for your reply. I was referring to a replacement steel skin that is offered by Myers for some of their plows. Just wondered if you could fit one of them to the Western of the same size. I had seen a photo where a site member bought a set of Meyers wings and installed them on his Western plow. They appeared to match the curvature of the Western plow perfectly leading me to wonder if the Meyers replacement skin would match up to the Western plow frame also.
    Just a thought to possibly avoid having to have a shop fabricate in new skin.
    Thanks again.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No the Meyer moldboard will NOT fit a western.

7. Chris Carlile

Dieselss,
    Thank you for your reply.