1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chosing a blower Inv vs Std

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by boutch, Aug 3, 2015.

1. boutch

boutch Junior Member

Good day guys, I have been plowing residentiel driveway with a 3/4 dodge and V plow for the last 5 years. ready to move on to a tractor with a blower. i'm getting a Kubota M100x looking at getting an 92 Inch Inverted blower. I'm woundering if that set up going to work for me. Here in Nova Scotia we get alot of wet snow not sure how the blower will scrape the pack snow once I back up on it. I would like to get some advise. thank-you!

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Wet snow can be a real pain with a blower; can get jammed up real quick unless you keep it at full power and take smaller bites. Blowers do scrape real nice though in my own experience. I have no experience with inverted blowers.

3. boutch

boutch Junior Member

Thank you for your input Seville099.taking possession of the tractor next monday, time is running out quickly on that one. I should have ask sooner. Anybody else please! Got to make my mind on a blower type before then. Thank you.

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

If you have a loader on the tractor, you can use that to help "fluff" up the heavy or packed snow. You won't have any problems. Just take it slow and steady and keep the rpms up.

5. boutch

boutch Junior Member

Thank you Seville009, look like I'm getting a inverted blower, pronovost 92INV or normand 92 INV or Bervac commercial SA91I.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'd stay away from the Bervac. And between the Normand and Pronovost I'd just like to remind you that the H in the Normand model number (N92-280HINV) stands for Hardox Steel construction. Hardox Steel is 4.5 times stronger than regular steel, giving Normand a more robust and more reliable snow blower. Normand really set themselves above the competition by using Hardox for the chassis and 3pt hitch of their units. Go with the Normand and you'll be very happy. :salute:

7. boutch

boutch Junior Member

Thank you IMAGE, I end up buying a used pronovost 92INV