1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chopped up, um.....thingy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Check this out. I guess it could be useful to someone....

Funny looking, and I bet really cold to plow with. They should have made a smaller cab instead of removing the whole body!

Got ballast???

"The rear bed section is built of 1/2 inch steel with a couple of tons of pig iron ballast covered with concrete. The vertical pipes in front are filled with ballast steel and concrete"

Notice the 5 gallon gas tank (can) on the step area. Makes fill ups a breeze.......... LOL

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Looks just like what the local salvage yard uses to dismantle cars, except they've got tool boxes and torches mounted too. The gin pole is for pulling motors and is hooked to a pto winch.
  3. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

After seeing that pic I had to see if it was for sale by a Canadian-aka Red Green

What a great sales tool- pull up to bid a job with that and they would give you the work just to watch :cool: :D
  4. sledhead

sledhead Member

Not enough ductape for it to be a Red Green project. :p
  5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

I'm gunna die driving that thing!!!