1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Choosing a Plow (if possible)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lawndude, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Lawndude

Lawndude Junior Member

Hello- We have a 2003 F-150 6500 GVW. Does anybody know of a lighter plow that will fit this lighter truck and still handle light commercial use? I have seen some plows that have a metal frame with a plastic blade. What company is this? Any opinions would be appreciated.
  2. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

pick a plow

i know that some guys on here will bash this but a 7.5' meyer plow will be great for that truck, overall weight is not too heavy but will get the job done, I know of numerous commercial plowers that use meyer around here and the ease of working on them is nice as you can generally eliminate any issues. or worst case sceanrio put a set of timbren under the front and keep on plowin'
  3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

There are plenty of guy's with 7.5 and 8 ft blade on half ton trucks. Have you done a search on this site? Have you gone to Western, Fisher, Boss, snowdogg >.COM? They all have a reference guide online that will tell you what they suggest.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sno-Way makes the blade you are describing and they are awesome. The have downpressure which is great for backdragging.
  5. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member