1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Choise of any plow???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hdcust, Dec 5, 2008.

1. hdcust

hdcust Junior Member

If you had a new truck and a choise of any plow what would it be and why?

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have the exact plows of my choice, a hiniker c-plow for the residential run, 2 blizzard 8611lp's on mason dumps and a blizzard 810 on my ASV skidsteer

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If I had a brand new Chevy 2500hd with the 6.6 I would put an 8.5' Fisher Extreme V, becouse Fisher makes a high quality plow and I would realy like to have a V plow with. Plus the Fisher Extereme V has a trip edge.

4. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

We are on our 6th Chevy and 5th V-Boss in 19 years, Because they hang in the fight and can be serviced easily

5. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Exactly what I would choose! (Truck & Plow)

6. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of accounts to do service?

7. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

39 commercial industrial
    2 residential

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

chevy 3500 small dumper with a 9' pro plus western, i've been using a 7'6'' boss the last two plowings and i just dont like the way it leaves a parking lot looking....i like the hard scrape of a straight blade. bossman is buying me a 3500 this week because i'm such a good boy. yay! (i'll post pics when we get it)

9. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

a ford f350 pickup with a 8.5 fisher extreem v or a 8.c xblade thith wings

10. stauffer.80

stauffer.80 Junior Member

Blizzard 810 power plow or 860 speedwing, you just can't beat the increase in production with the wings.

Of course on a Ford.

11. hdcust

hdcust Junior Member

Reason I posted this is I am buying a plow this week and was looking for input. I have a 08 3500 diesel chevy. There are a few plows from different companies that do not suggest some of thier plows be put on this truck. But the funny thing is I can put a 810 blizzard on it and it is the heaviest out of the bunch.
    Now my question is why would I be able to put the 810 on and not a 9'2" V from boss which is like 100lbs lighter???

12. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Fisher xls, or if i had a f-550 the fisher mc series plow

13. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

F 350 diesel 6 speed with a Stainless Fisher Xtreme V

14. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

ford f350 western 8.5 v (do like the new snoway but not much support in my area)
    electric v-box

15. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Most productive plow made Blizzard 810.

On a GMC

16. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

9' Western Pro Plus with pro wings on a Chevy 5500

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Oh or best real plow is a 18' push box on a Case 621

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I'd choose either a Western Wideout, or a Western MVP, probably and 8.5 footer, but maybe the 9.5. Depends on what kind of truck.

19. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I have a 8'6" fisher V on a GMC 2500HD on any thing but windrowing I can out plow a straight blade. I have better visability and can out turn the Fords and Dodges I have a greater GVW then a F250 superduty and a better ride too.

I would recomend this same set up to anybody that does a vairety of plowing and enjoys seeing where they are going while riding in comfort.

Lou