1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

choices/opinions....snoway/fisher

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rubbershovel, Nov 20, 2013.

1. rubbershovel

rubbershovel Junior Member
    from CT

Hello all, I have been reading alot of posts about this issue and seem to have come across alot of good information but most posts seem to have happened 4 years ago or so. So now that I am out from under the rock I would like some opinions from actual users of each product I have narrowed it down to. I have a 04 f150 with a large driveway. It is a third vehicle and paid its dues, still in very good shape. I would like to outfit it with a snowplow for personnel use, my own driveway and of course MOMS. I have every dealer available in my area. I dont want to put a bottom end plow on but dont think a top o the line is necessary for my use, the function of it is more appealing to me. I am currently looking at a snoway 26 7'6 $5400 installed and a fisher ht 7'6 (steel edge) $4500 installed. They both have down pressure and steel cutting edges. The biggest difference is the trip design. I have had a fisher in the past 10 yrs ago on a 85 gmc 1ton but cannot compare as technology has evolved in the plow business. parts and dealers are just as close as one and other. Is the snowway worth 900 more? I think it has a 5 year warranty vs 2 for fisher... I have a paved driveway with 2 aprons. moms is short and paved also. For my light duty use is there an advantage to the fisher poly edge? Mr Basher has had a few good things to say about the snowway as well. whats your opinion??

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

I am a fisher fan myself. Everything about them seems slightly more heavy duty then many other plows out there. how long wide are the drives?

3. rubbershovel

from CT

Thanks, my personnel driveway is 250' long 30 feet wide with two aprons.It is a challenge because I am the first house on the street on the right. The Main RD that we intersect with is 3 lanes wide and a state Rd. So all the snow from the main rd and the end of our road gets stacked by the big guys on my first apron. Its quite a chore I have been able to tackle with a snowblower for years but it takes me several hours to do so, I think the neighbors may rejoice when I get my new plow as I have to leave for work around 430am.

4. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

5. stone74

stone74 Member

I got a Sno Way 26 series after months of research on all plows out there. It is the only one with true down pressure to my knowledge, hence why I went with it. Used the unit twice now and love it works as advertised scrapes great, I have a 5" poly blade on it and scrapes great right to the cement/asphalt. Weight was also a consideration as I am using it on a 2010 Dodge Ram (saggy front suspension)
    That's a whole other thread though as I had to do some mods to my truck that were unexpected.....

6. rubbershovel

from CT

thanks stone, went and kicked the tires on the snowway today, have not heard too many unhappy owners.