1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chip your 5.4 I am a believer!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jonzer12, Nov 23, 2006.

1. jonzer12

jonzer12 Member
    from Canada

Well I just drove a f-150 with a 3v 5.4. It has had its comptuer reflashed with i think the Edge 2 or similar prodect. WOW what a difference. Owning a stock 5.4 I have always been extrememly disapointed with its performance, lots of torque but no HP.
    This truck seemed like a completely different animal. Engine felt much more like a chev 5.3, and the tranny downshifts much more quickly and sharper.
    This is how they should have came from the factory. The 5.4's are dogs they just need to be waken up. The owner claims almost no difference in mileage but he is running the 87 octane program.

Anyone else there have experience with chipping their 5.4??

2. Load-4

Load-4 Junior Member

Got anymore info on the chip brand? I'm still waiting to hear some more comments.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Everbody I talk to with the 5.4 are very happy with it.

4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I love my 5.4, much better than the 4.6; that was a dog :realmad: But I'll all for more power :gunsfiring:

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

A buddy of mine has a Jeep Wranger Unlimited that he put the Edge program on, couldn't tell much difference except his checkbook was lighter. The programmers work much better on diesels!

6. jonzer12

jonzer12 Member
    from Canada

You can't compare different engine's. The Ford 5.4 comes with a very soft tune from the factory which is why is responds so well to programmers.