1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chip/Programmer Discussion.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman2025, Nov 6, 2007.

1. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

I know a lot of diesel guys and few gassers running chips. Just curious what kind of chips/programmer your running and what made you chose them.

I'm running an Edge Juice Platinum on my 2005 F-350. Did have an Evolution programmer but somehow it got goofed up and Edge worked with me on upgrading to the Juice Platinum. I like the evolution with the digital display. I just got my Juice Platinum in tonight so I'll know more tomorrow about what I think of the Platinum.

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

DP Tuner for 7.3's, and Spartan Diesel for the 6.0's. Everything else is just names and gimmicks!

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I know DP is the best for 7.3's, I have Elite Diesel for my POS 6.0.:dizzy:

4. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

DP in my 99 F250 7.3 Love it only thing is im only geting 14 MPG on a good day.

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

The DP does not stand for Diablo programer. DP Tuner is owned be Jody Tipton and is the premier 7.3 tuning company around.

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

What tune are you running? That tuner does anything from 20 to 150HP race tune and does not de-fuel for high EGT's.

7. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I apologize i have the Diablo Predator tuner sorry never heard of your tuner but i will have to check it out

8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

no problem I was reading your other post and put the two together. Check it out dptuner.com

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I run a DP Tuner (www.dp-tuner.com) and it is the best programmer out there for the 7.3. The truck runs way smoother than stock and has a very nice and flat powerband all the way to the top. You can change tunes on fly which is a real nice feature. Ask Yamaguy how much smoke the DP can produce :D

10. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i've got a 96 7.3 non plow truck i pull with i've got an edge revolution and keep it on the low 60h.p. tow setting and it has plenty of power and better on fuel too. i like it.

11. NoFearDeere

I have 3 tunes..... Tow Power, Insanity, and High Power. I usually run Tow Power and Insanity for the fun stuff.

12. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea it was cool! I'm still choking on that cloud and that was almost a month ago! I hope we have a good year so I have some extra payup for my DP.

13. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Superchips Flashpaq 5.4

14. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I understand..That's cool that you can switch as well. With my Allison it goes threw a relearn process so it just stays in the highest tune and I regulate it with my foot. When plowing I have to turn it down because it just too touchy unless it just a small 2-3 inch storm and I just go real easy for the few hours.

15. NoFearDeere

I want to find a 2001-2002 Chevy Duramax ext.cab short box with lower miles but man its hard. Guess when you got a awesome truck, why get rid of it!:rolleyes:

16. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I run a Banks 6 Gun with PDA and Speed Loader on my Duramax. Also have a 4" Silverline turbo back system, straight pipe. Loved the power...

Heres why I say loved as in used to... Last Thursday I put my stock tires/rims on for winter and went to reprogram the tire size back to stock as I had my 33's on for the summer. Well something got severly messed up and pooched my PCM, couldent even comunicate with it VIA a Tech2. The damn thing wouldnt even crank, had to replace it and eat the cost even though it was in waranty due to the aftermarket programer..

Now im between a rock and a hard place, I'm trying to get banks to pick up the tab ($1,000 between the tow, diagnosis, and replacement). I want that power but I sure as hell dont want to go thru that again:gunsfiring:

17. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

My buddy is selling his 02 Duramax... Black on Black ext cab short box. I think it only has 44K on it. If you interested let me know and I can get you more details

18. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

WOW that sucks! Banks stuff is kinda over priced anyhow. I hope they pick up the tab for you, and then you should sell that thing and pick up a EFI LIVE programmer. That is the way to go for the D-max's cause you can write your own custom tunes if you want. Keep us updated as to what kinda of help Banks is.