1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese Wheel loader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Neige, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey guys, I need to buy another loader to keep up with the extra work. I was looking at Volvo L90 around 8 to 10 years old. They cost around 46 - 50 grand. I can get a brand new 2009 Chinese loader, equivalent to an L90 for $48 grand. I am so tempted, anyone own one.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are these Changlin or something like that name? We had a demo of one and I thought they were junk but that was my opinion. The torque converters were incredibly slow and I thought the machine was never going to get going. I went from there too Ontrac and I test drove a new 644J and there was absolutely no way I would ever buy the Changlin no matter the price. JMO But maybe your talking about a different chinese loader also.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Or this?

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Oh and when I went to there shop they had basically no parts and the guy was using his car for a service truck, this kind of scared me also.
  6. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Grandview you kill me. Where do you come up with that stuff!
  7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

This guy too, had no much for parts. I will go see 2 guys who bought them 3 months ago, and see what they think. I looked at JD and Volvo and Cat, nothing under 200 grand, to rich for my blood. Thanks for the feedback JD
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Too rich for my blood also, thats's why we have farm loaders. Sorry if I came off harsh but I think you want product support the same as I do. I also jumped at the price that's why I went for the demo
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

nothing i hate worse or bothers me longer than when i dont buy something decent and then when i half to replace it its like you spend the money twice

this might be one of those deals

now if your talking gray market CAT stuff i wouldnt have a problem with it
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Don't buy a Chineas loader they get enough of our money allredy. And all the stuff China makes is junk.
  11. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Grey iron is kinda....IFF'Y but is a much better than a china machine for part's avail.

what's the name of it?. the korean's are starting to make some iron too, now if it was Japan it would be a differ story.

CaT is haveing their first auction in Des Moines on the 12th and i think it's going to be a heck of a good sale to be at,.......iron is so cheap right now it's not funny.

if youre willing to spend $50g you can buy you a realy nice 928g with 3k hour's.

12. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

the japs make good cars but when it comes to everything else i try to buy america, nothing like a snap on wrench vs a chinese one.
  13. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

everything, and I do mean everything made in China is junk.
  14. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Come on, you know the answer to this...
  15. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

With all the short cuts the Chinese have been caught making. I would not touch anything machine wise they make. Parts that are supposed to be chrome could just be chrome paint ! Hardened parts? it don't need no stinkin hardened parts !
    That would be a lot of money to spend to have the machine break all the time.
  16. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Brand new 3 yd Changlins are in the mid 80's around here. I agree with Dave, after demo-they're Junk compared to Deere/Cat whatever. Zero dealer support. No thanks. Would you buy a FOTON tractor Paul? They're nice and cheap too.
  17. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

look at the hyundai loaders they run about 100 grand and are a pretty decent machine
  18. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

What is the term grey iron?
  19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Paul, be a Hollander and not a Dutchman. :nod: ;)
  20. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ok, ok, ok. I hear you all. Thanks for your advice, I will forget about the Chinese loader, and see what I can find used around here. It really did sound to good to be true.:drinkup: