1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese ATV needs universal snowplow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by loadie, Dec 19, 2008.

1. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Hey all,

I know the Chinese stuff is cheap, but it's all I could afford for the time being. I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive manual plow setup for my machine. Any ideas where I could get one from?

Thanks

2. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Hey I know a lot of people running chinese units and don't have mush trouble. we like the maintanance free Moose plows, we have 2 and never have busted one yet after years of plowing.;);););)

3. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

I sent them an e-mail about their cost and if it would fit my ATV.

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

prolly have to make it fit, on a good note i bought a fleet of chinese scoots and they are fine imo nut and bolt the whole thing and you should be okay.

5. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Yeah I had to tighten everything when I took it out of the crate. I have to take it into the shop and have a tune up done to it though! Not many guys around here will touch these toys. I found a place about 40 minutes away, so I'll take it in once I get the snow moved from the trailer.

6. IPLOWSNO

i work on my own scoots, i have a good forum that covers it all. you should look into it if your handy but lacking confidence or knowledge imo youd be surprised what you find out there?

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Ask Tommy10plows about chinese atv's I think he has 5 of them. :D

8. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Where is your forum? I am pretty handy, just need some help is all.

Thanks

9. IPLOWSNO

its a scoot forum you need a chi wheeler forum.

10. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Can you send me the other forum website please?

Thanks in advance.

11. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Well I have the old ATV all tuned up, I think, need a new battery, the one that came with it is a piece of S^&T! I changed the oil with synthetic ATV oil for a wet clutch. tightening all the nut's and bolts, tightened the chain and bought a winch, which I will have to fabricate a holder for it. Not it's time to get the plow blade! I'm working on getting one from a guy on Kijiji. $330 Cdn with a swivel system 48" blade. The winch was $50.00 from Crappy tire.

12. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Well I have the plow attached and mickey moused the winch, it needs to be welded to the frame some how, I'll figure that out later!!

13. pby98

pby98 Member

look for an old garden tracor plow and make it fit your machine.usually takes about a day but it only cost me 60 bucks all said and done

14. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Well the winch is now mounted! I have a small hobby stick welder. The job is not the best by any means, but it works 100%.

15. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

lets see pic's

16. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Contact Joel Vermetti @ ISS Custom Import Plows @ 616-855-2812. He will be able to handle your needs.

Jon

17. loadie

loadie Junior Member
    from Canada

Pictures to follow at a later date. I have to travel for the next few days!