1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chineeze LED's....

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Pirsch, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Hey I just wanted to toss this little tidbit of information on... I think it's kinda funny especially since it is my light...

I put this el-cheapo China made LED strobe in my back window as an add'l light for when I'm on the side of the road or was going to hook it to my reverse lights or 4-ways... I walked out to the car last night and noticed that the light looked alittle odd. Kinda down on one side. It still works but just didn't look right.

Upon closer inspection... The Lense melted to around a 30 degree angle, bubbled all around it and looked like crap.

I see all these people wanting to buy China made lights and stuff. Think about it... If a lense can't with stand a little bit of heat what good will it do you? I've got a Whelen Cadet just lying on the back seat to toss up on the roof (just in case) and it's fine, not melted, no problems.

DON'T DO IT!!! That's buying that junk!

Please feel free to add your lighting horror stories... Think it could be a good thing to find out what people have had problems with.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

amen!!.............

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Well I just bought a strobe light on Ebay. The picture showed it flashed YELLOW and after I got it and plugged it in.....RED flashes. Now what do I do?
    Strobes N' More is the brand

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

e-mail the company (seller) back before you give any feedback, tell him WRONG COLOR, tell him to ship you the right one and him pay for the shipping of the light back to him. If he doesn't... report him, then sell the item and make sure you note that it's RED!

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

LEDs dont give off any heat, so that might not be why your lense melted. I'd look into that. lol

6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I know it's not... Thing is sitting on my back window deck of a Saturn. Just the heat of the sun coming in on it melted it but like I mentioned. I have a Whelen Cadet sitting on the seat (in the sun also) and the lense didn't melt and it's a thinner lense!

Goes to show you what AMERICA MAKES! ussmileyflag

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I did email the seller and havent reciened a response. I called Strobes N More and they dont even make the light anymore. Nice people tho. Guess I will try to put a yellow lense over the red to try to make it look more amber in color. It has a clear lense now. The LED's are red.

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

You may be able to get them to send you a yellow module in exchange for the red. Try them the worse they can say is NO! :nono: