1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chilly Willy

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Kuzanut, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

Hey i have a 2003 1500 with the 4.7lt Problem is i get little to no heat. Thought it was the thermostat, changed it but no difference. Checked online and found a TSB about some door in the HVAC unit. Anyone have experience with this? its gonna be my summer project because plowing in the cold sucks.. That was the reason i moved from a tractor to a truck. Oh forgot to mention the AC works but there no heat even when the engine is at normal operating temp.

Not sure if this is related but when i drive with the plow on the temp likes to creep up almost to the point where its gonna over heat. I know the plow blocks the flow of air to the radiator but it happens even if its 2 degrees outside and the plow is lowered to just above the pavement.

Sorry for the crazy thought process here but i'd like to hear what you guys have to say.
  2. DODGEing

DODGEing Member

Ive had 2 buddies with the same problem both times freakin radiator cap. I dont think/know how you can test them. The first friend had the dealer stumped, new radiator, new this that and the other. Come to find out the cap was bad and they refunded him the cost of everything else including labor. Im not A mechanic just passing along some info............Good luck