1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chill people!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by easthavenplower, Dec 11, 2003.

1. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

ok here it goes...
    weathermen take notice along with all you jack a$$e$ that live in ct.you live in the north east weather gets bad granted we dont get 3 feet of snow at a clip but sometimes we due most of the time between 4-12 inches.now heres my problem...knowing that we get bad weather on the east coast at any time of the yearand heres what we gethurricanes,tornadoes,severe thunder storms,noreasters,and blizzards you should always have the basic sh-- around the house such as candles,batteries,water,milkand any other nessesity.dont wait for the weathermen to say oh no you better stuck up this might be a bad storm.we dont live in the desert people.all you due is create mass lines at stores when you should be homebut nooooo you have to go to the store and wait in line now its snowing you have a 2 wheel drive pice of junk and when you try to go home you make the road icy.STAY HOME LET US PLOWERS MOVE SNOW.DONT CUT US OFF THE PLOW IS BIGGER THAN YOUR CAR.now with all that said i feel better.thanx for listening hope you laughed me but its still true.
  2. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

ok, stand back - breath deep.......... exhale...
  3. windmill

windmill Senior Member

4. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

Crown Royal works for me since Jose Cuervo and I aren't friends any more.

Know what you mean easthavenplower. We don't get the quantity of snow you all get, but people still want to go out and act silly when we get snow here. Seems that 2" of snow here can simply send people into a state of stupidty!!

Just remember......that thing hanging off the front of your truck IS NOT a battering ram!!

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I know what hes saying.Right before a storm or as is just beginning the stores are crazy(like hells about to freeze over).Then the roads start to slick up and the nimrods are stuck all over the place.I like to sit out on my front porch and watch everyone get stuck on the hill near my house.It gets so bad the town cant even fit up it to get some sand down.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i think you have expressed hostility in every single post you make......you seem to always be bitter about how snow isnt going to come, or if its not enough...... you need a weekend getaway to relax or something. granted there are idiot drivers and it makes life difficult....but its not gonna change.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2003

DIESELRAM30 Member

I agree with easthavenplower he is right when people are out driving in the snow wether they are in a 2 wheel driver or a 4x4 they dont know how to drive. Especially those yuppie bastards in the suv's doin like 50 thinking that they have 4 wheel drive and they are unstopable, but those are the idiots you see lining the ditches down here in jersey. I drive a 99 dodge ram 2500hd diesel which is worth well over 30,000 dollars that i plow with the last thing i want is some stupid schmuck who cant drive slamming into my truck because then it would all end. I agree to all you people who cant drive in the snow and shouldn't be out in it go to the stores before the storm thats why we have weather forcasting so you know its coming, and if you are out stay the hell out of my way.:gunsfiring: :realmad:
  8. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

hahahaha. Funny post, but true. Weatherman even says the word "snow" around here and folks rush out on a grocery shopping frenzy. The shelves end up picked clean of milk, eggs, bread......
    Snow makes people crazy around here...you'd think it was the end of the world. I got calls on my answering machine from people literally begging for a call back and someone to come plow him out..several people stating they were "trapped" in their houses. Some people stay inside for a day and they act as if they're trapped for life.

Too funny. Needless to say, over 150 calls this weekend, it was impossible to return this many calls. One thing I don't get...if someone absolutely, positively is in a profession where they MUST get out, why the heck don't they either drive a 4wd vehicle, or make certain they line someone up in the fall to plow them when it snows? Either that or move to another place where it doesn't snow because this is New England baby and it snows here.
  9. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

These things are never going to change in this day and age, we will be living with this as long as we have snow storms or severe weather. I just watch my own butt and drive defensivly. Not much else that can be done.
  10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

it was icy friday at the start and everyone was sliding wether you 2 4 or 10 wheel drive cant do anything about ice
  11. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

haha awesome thread!! But Luppy you forgot that after they clean the supermarket shelves they move to home depot to buy shovels, icemelt and sand!! Because shovels cant be used after their experation date or something :rolleyes:
  12. easthavenplower

13. windmill

windmill Senior Member

I agree!!!!????:dizzy:
  14. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Pinot Nior
  15. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Actually, I see more people running to the mall to get some shopping done instead of buying necessities. I think other than hospitals, the malls are about the last to close. The malls will actually fine stores for NOT opening. There is a public service for you. Years ago when we had the National Guard here to bail us out, the jokers in the mall across the county line opened. A state of emergency two miles away and they opened! And yes I drove by each mall shopper stuck in the ditch. Heck the phone was ringing off the hook, there were people that couldn't get out of their driveways yet....they had to go.....?
  16. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I keep telling my wife that:nono: . She always says she wants to go out and do some educating with my plow truck. I think she might have a little bit of that road rage once in a while but with the way people drive around here I don't blame her.
  17. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hummm...does the Constitution have a part that says::: The right to bear SNOW PLOWS ::: to defend yourself ??? :eek:

Steve has issues with his rear-end...Im sure "fancy pants" has a fix for it ;) One good shot is all it would take :gunsfiring:
  18. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Err...that's quite the problem. They are unstoppable! The problem is that they think they CAN stop because they have 4wd.

On that subject, however, I must say: My 4wd pickup (2002 GMC Sierra with comfy boring GY Wrangler ST street tires) stops and turns better than anything (including my dad's 2002 Toyota Tundra 4x4) other than my plow truck (15,000 pound dually dumper) in snow. Maybe people in GM full-size trucks/SUVs with Wrangler ST tires should be exempt from our anger...:D
  19. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Well, I came here this morning to post this:
    to a new thread, but this thread caught my eye.

I'll still post the new thread, there's a couple other related links to post...

As far as cutting off the plow, it's not just the idiots in the rwd mustang getting milk, it's also the occasional dumb tractor trailer driver (I've posted that story in one or two other threads...).
  20. easthavenplower

that was good