1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chief Oshkosh at work!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Big Chief, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Here are some more pics of a subdivision high up in Colorado that I plow. 12 miles of road. It was really drifted bad this week. Should have put my V Plow on but doesn't make me efficient on all of thier roads. Grant.

2. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

This was one helluva drift. I have to work hard on this everytime I plow here!!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like you have to do a little shelving on those drifts.
  4. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Showing the size!

5. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

This road took some real work and manuevering.

6. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Once we got this road back to 2 lanes we benched everythig with a bench 6ft. deep with top bank of bout 4ft.

7. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

Seeing that much snow would scare me, but im sure nothing for you to handle. I wonder if my 1500 would push that?
  8. Big Chief

Big Chief Member

Here's my 11ft. 2 way pushing the bench from the last pass while my wingman uses the 11ft. wing to create another bench in hopes of slowing the drifting.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

OMG what is all that white stuff everywhere!?????????

it would be nice to see some of that our way out east instead of the monsoon we're getting now :(
  10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Awesome. I am at a loss for words!
  11. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

How long does it take to plow that?
  12. sam c

sam c Member

Hey Grant, There's nothing like plowing with the best! Looking at your pics. makes me miss my Oshkosh :( I sold it about 4 years ago when I changed directions with my business. I tried to post a pic. but it wouldn't let me use the same pic. If you want to see it, it's listed under (oshkosh for sale) oops.. apparently I need to delete the for sale ad.
  13. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Drool.... almost forgot what snow looks like. :alien:
  14. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

thanks for those pics chief, they remind me of years ago when i used to plow the village roads with my dads road grader, making those shelves with the wing, we had to run chains on it only had 4 wheel drive,, yeah those were the days, sure wish wed get snow up here like we use to,, i could really make few buks then , ha
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Now that looks like fantastic countryside!

I think a snowblower would work best there. On a windy day you could stay there forever.