1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicagoland Treated Bulk for $75/ton

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HLS Wholesale, Oct 10, 2011.

1. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

I have premium bulk treated with beet extract and Ice Ban available for a limited time....$75/ton for truckloads delivered anywhere in the Chicagoland area.
  2. ADBsnowremoval

ADBsnowremoval Member

What would you recommend as the best product for concrete walks and vegetation?
  3. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

First of all, be careful about putting ANY chemical on un-cured concrete...concrete less than a year old.

Second, please notice that all products and brands will have SOME kind of disclaimer. None of them will say SAFE for concrete. They will say something like "SAFER" or "When used as directed" etc. They all cover their behinds. In other words, if you dump too much of anything on the concrete, you may have problems.

That being said, there are ingredients that are commonly thought to be less stressful than others, and, when "used as directed" are relatively benign when it comes to concrete and vegetation. These are magnesium, CMA, potassium and various corn/beet/agricultural extracts. Most of the "blends" are sodium based and contain some form of anti corrosion to offset the harsh effects of salt.

So, bottom line, get yourself a product that contains a higher concentration of the above products. Most of the better quality blends have 3 or 4 of the above mixed in to the sodium base and should prove both effective and safe.

I have a few of these blends in stock and would be happy to help you out further. Just give me a call and we can discuss your needs further.