1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicagoland South Burbs&Northern IL

Discussion in 'Employment' started by HD61CUIN, Aug 7, 2010.

1. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I am a firefighter with 10 years snow removal experience. I have a IL Non CDL 'B'. I have experience with the following:
    CAT, Volvo, Case, and New Holland wheeled end loaders
    Heavy Duty salters/plows

I have worked for the last 9 years with my current contact. He lost two of his major accounts and his kids have grown up so he is not looking for as many employees. All of his accounts were large trucking terminals in Bedford Park, Bridgeview and Markham.

I have a diesel truck but do not currently have the funds for a plow. I can haul your trailer if needed.

I am looking to establish new contacts in the area for the next snow season. I work in Waukegan and live in Tinley Park. I have been driving heavy duty trucks since 95' when I was in the military. I have to look into what is required to change from a Non CDL B to a CDL.