1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicagoland salt and plow pricing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by thundercat99, May 25, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

trying to figure out salt and plowing prices for next year

seems that the north side is more competitive then the southside

for example lot a on the north 125.00 on a 2in push
    south 185.00 on 2in push

also seems that hourly bidding has nothing to do with pricing
    lots are the same size and are fore same retailer
    they take 1 hour to do with one truck

salting same messed up deal the north lot gets salted and plowed for 150.00
    the south lot gests plowed and salted for 300.00

can you guys figure this one out im thinking about averging the 2 out and using that as a priceing reference

2. thundercat99

42 people have seen this but nowbody has anything to say, comon guys im looking for an opinion. help a brother out

3. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

charge by the hour up to 3" then add some money on. Whatever the going rate is per hour. Salting i dont know how much guys charge for salt up there i am in Ohio. People are very stingy around here.

4. Snowboy9999

Snowboy9999 Junior Member

If your market is like mine, your competitors probably dont want to tip their hand. I find it unlikely that the pricing is that different in one city. I work in a large city and find prices to be pretty much the same across the board.

Is the client telling you this? I would try and check with some other properties in the area.

How big of a client base do you have? You might just need to "spread it out" a little more.

5. thundercat99

insider info my boss shared some info southside is much higher then northside any way i know his profit margin so his prices still make good money im using his pricing to compete in my area. should be able to pick up alot of buisness