1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicagoland is it our turn????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbok19, Jan 3, 2005.

1. jbok19

jbok19 Member

Winter Storm Watch:

Issued at: 3:50 PM CST 1/3/05, expires at: 9:37 PM CST 1/3/05

Winter storm watch in effect from Tuesday evening to late wednesday night,
    The NWS in chicago il has issued a winter storm watch.
    Heavy snowfall is expected across northern illinois along and north of interstate 80 with sleet and ice accumulations expected south. This should begin Tuesday night and change to all snow across northern illinois and northwest indiana on Wednesday. Snow will continue into Wednesday night before diminishing to snow showers by thursday morning.
    There is potential for heavy snow of 6 inches or more.

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I hope. Just picked up 2 pallets of salt. Im ready to roll baby! Finally a decent storm!

3. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Im down a truck right now. So if anyone in the area would be interested in mayby helping me, You can PM me with your number and cell. Thanks!

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Will I finally be able to hook up my 12 footer ... stay tuned for further updates.

5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

i am on the other side of the lake and they are calling for the same, first ice then heavy, heavy snow with good accumulations, hopefully lake effect will kick in aftwards and dump more :D

tomorrow i am fillin up both fuel tanks, andding some more traction devices in the bed...my traction consist of a few five gallon buckets of ashes.....they work better than sand. lets lock and load :cool:

stay safe, especially if we get the freezin rain

6. jbok19

jbok19 Member

Boys this is going to be the money maker for us!! I keep hearing on all the news channels that the northern suburbs (Kane McHenry Dekalb Lake counties) could see 8-12". :drinkup:

7. jbok19

jbok19 Member

This is our storm for sure this time!!!!!!

Issued at: 3:15 PM CST 1/4/05, expires at: 9:00 PM CST 1/4/05

Heavy snow warning in effect until 4 am cst Thursday.
    The NWS in chicago il has upgraded the winter storm watch to a heavy snow warning.
    The potential for heavy snowfall of 8 to 12 inches is greatest north of a line from lee county to aurora to chicago. Light snow should begin this evening over locations north of interstate 88. Locations south of interstate 88 will receive some sleet and freezing rain this evening before turning over to snow. Accumulations of 1 to 3 inches is expected by morning. The heaviest snow will likely occur from the early afternoon through the late evening hours on Wednesday.
    Snow should taper off to snow showers for all of northern illinois and northwestern indiana late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Well guys if anyone needs any help give me a buzz. I've been listening to the scanner and the public works dept. in town is gearing up. Weather band says up to 8 - 12" North of 88.

I will go anywhere.

Thanks
    Patrick
    Cell 847-875-9662
    2 Way 111*31*2048

9. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I have my truck ready to go. I tried to PM you but I guess I haven't been on long enough. Anyways I have nothing going on so I can help if you still need it.

My cell 847-875-9662
    2 way 111*31*20480

Thanks
    Patrick

10. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Let it snow BABY!!! I am ready and willing to go!

ultimate plow, check your PM's I might be able to help you out.

11. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Not only Chicago, but the whole midwest.....

plow.jpg

12. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

8-12" got to love it. :D :D :D

13. ultimate plow

from N. IL

8-12 inches here baby! I got both my trucks ready to go.

14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like all ice coming to Cleveland.

15. Eng63Trk16

Eng63Trk16 Junior Member

We have been waiting for one of these 6-12" for three years now and IT'S ABOUT TIME!! I'm like a pig in sh$$ over this mess.