1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago will be Plowing !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
    623 PM CST TUE NOV 30 2004

.A STORM SYSTEM IN SOUTHERN INDIANA THIS EVENING WILL DEEPEN RAPIDLY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST UP THROUGH SOUTHEAST INDIANA TO NORTHERN OHIO OVERNIGHT. THE RESULT OF THIS DEEPENING IS CREATING GREATER IMPULSES OF SNOW ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS...RESULTING IN A MORE RAPID ACCUMULATION THAN PREVIOUSLY SUPPOSED. THESE IMPULSES WILL SLIP EAST WITH THE STORM SYSTEM AND SPREAD INTO INDIANA LATE TONIGHT.

BENTON-BOONE-COOK-DE KALB-DUPAGE-FORD-GRUNDY-IROQUOIS-JASPER-KANE- KANKAKEE-KENDALL-LA SALLE-LAKE-LEE-LIVINGSTON-MCHENRY-NEWTON-OGLE- PORTER-WILL-WINNEBAGO-
    623 PM CST TUE NOV 30 2004

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST (7 AM EST) WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO IL HAS ISSUED A SNOW
    ADVISORY. :nod:

UP TO 3 INCHES OF NEW SNOW HAS ALREADY FALLEN AT ROCKFORD WITH A
    STRONG IMPULSE OF SNOW. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP AS THIS IMPULSE SHIFTS TO THE EAST OVERNIGHT...RESULTING IN A MORE WIDESPREAD COVERAGE OF HEAVIER SNOW. AN ADVISORY HAS THUS BEEN ISSUED FOR NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWEST INDIANA FOR UP TO 4 INCHES ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA OVERNIGHT. :bluebounc

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Man I am jealous. It has been raining here since 2 pm. No snow in sight maybe flurries on the weekend.

3. zippoz

zippoz Member

im watching the white gold fall from the sky now, i went to home depot to pick up 250 lbs of salt, when i got there, people were allready guarding what was left, then another pallet came and we were on our way..

just signed 5 shell stations for a one night deal, and i have a clark down the street that needs plowing. $300 in all if it gets over 2 inches, which is nice, considering this will be my second time plowing ever, im getting the hang of it :)

4. Vaughn Schultz

Me too, second time. just ahd two hotels :waving: sing.

5. Vaughn Schultz

Never mind

12:29 am. I am calling it quits. :sleeping:
    It has been snowing for like 6 hr. and we have 1/2 inch of non plow able slush! :cry:

Darn weather people! :gunsfiring:

6. zippoz

zippoz Member

yeah i know im so bummed, i had to drive back from milwaukee for this, still 3 hours of snow to fall though, it might add up to 2" probably not though...
    shame. :cry:

:gunsfiring: weather forecasters... :realmad: :angry:

there has to be a plow operators weather site, somthing that dosent just say what is going to fall, but what will accumulate on the pavement!

im going to try and sleep till 3 when its supposed to stop snowing here, and hope to wake up to somthing plowable...

7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Mchenry got about 4-6 inches. We were only expected to get 1-2. I plowed all my accounts. Everything went smooth and was great. 2nd plow for november. This year is starting out great. Lasy year sucked!

8. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Mchenry county that is......

9. PLOWGRRL

PLOWGRRL Member

no you were right the 1st time.... McHenry had that.... I have about 7 - 8 inches of snow but I usually get alittle more because we get everyone elses drifts...

10. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

we got snow that melted and then refroze.I spent 6 hours this morning salting and another 8 trucking salt back to yard.

11. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

I don't know about out west by you guys (and girl! ;) ) but everyone around here was plowing slush.

12. PLOWGRRL

PLOWGRRL Member

i'll try and get a picture of my yard!