1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago - WHERES THE SNOW???

Discussion in 'Weather' started by let it snow!, Dec 12, 2011.

1. let it snow!

let it snow! Junior Member

No snow yet and I don't see a forcast for it except for next tue we are supposed to get "snow showers". Bummer :cry:

2. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Lol i live in central michigan and feel your pain!!!!!

3. let it snow!

Central MI, that would be great! How much snow do you have right now?

4. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Absolutely NONE! And none in the forecast, all we have had is two light dustings.

5. let it snow!

Wow that's awful. Come to think of it, we had a light dusting but it melted off by noon.

6. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Im thinking its going to be after christmas before we see any plowable snow.

7. let it snow!

I'm really anxious to get some because this is my first year in snow removal and I only have one customer! I live in a private lake community with about 2k houses so I am banking on being able to just drive around and get business from my signs. Could I pick up some business that way or am I crazy?

8. clc2007

clc2007 Member

You can, it just all depends on how much competition there is and the quality of work you can perform, its not the ideal way to start off but it can be done, most people are allready signed wit a contractor by now so it may be tough but im sure you can get some work.do you have insurance?, and does your equipment look good?.

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nothing coming anytime soon. At least not for a week plus.

10. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

Tuesday and wed. Of next week may have something

11. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

This is your first season?
    You might want to go sub or get hired to drive someone's truck just to get a feel on things

12. let it snow!

No insurance other than comprehensive on the trucks. Do you think we need extra insurance?

The equipment looks like new except the the plow is older. But it has been painted red and looks fine.

I'm just using the two stage blower in the back of my Silverado but my dad is the one that will be out with the plow. He's also an on-call pilot so I don't know if it would work being with a contractor. But most of the time he is off. I'm not sure how that works if you can be available when available and not when not. Should he look into it finding a company to sign on with? Also, is there any opportunity for a guy with a 30" snowblower to sign on with a contractor doing walks or something :)

13. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nothing Tuesday or Wednesday.

14. mllandscapingIL

mllandscapingIL Junior Member

I our best bet for snow will be in January in Chicago and a late hard Winter

15. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

not looking good, more rain for early next week