1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TRITONSNOWREM, Dec 16, 2001.

1. TRITONSNOWREM

TRITONSNOWREM Member

Where is the snow in Chicago?

Last year at this time we had 18 +. Anybody have any predictions?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Prediction - It will snow in Chicago by April 1st.

3. dsean94

dsean94 Junior Member

Does anyone believe Chicago is going to get some snow. Snow is going around us. I was told that on Friday Joilet had 3 inches.

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Chicago got way more than it should have last year, so no snow this year....

Sorry.

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Dsean,
    Sorry... that wasn't fair.....
    You don't know our sense of humor here yet....

Welcome to the board.

6. Armor

Armor Member

Man tell me about it! We have literally been praying for snow. I don't believe Joliet had 3 inches though. A friend of mine told me that we avg. 48" every year it just depends when ot comes. But last year was a record for December and this year is also a record.

7. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

The snow will come. It is just taking it's time. I was very anxious at first but I have since decided to stay calm and wait it out. There is still a slim possibility there will be a white Christmas for us here. Til then, just cross your fingers and fantasize about all the white gold we will accumulate in January.

8. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Everyone comes in and asks me if its going to snow, and my reply has always been, i will take what mother nature gives us! (i just hope we were all good snowplowers this year and she will make us all happy again like last december, but i can wait till january!) best wishes for the holidays,pt.

9. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Note to self: No Christmas card for John Allin this year.:D

Just kidding John. I am just north of Chicago, and yes... it seems like it's hit a fork in the road just before it gets to us. North and south, but none here. Don't worry though... it will snow.

Tim

10. Plow Meister

Soon! I know everyone was pleased with the snowfall we had in December last year but we have to try to remember that this is a different year with different weather patterns and different Weather Channel personalities. It is my hunch that we will see a plowable snow on or before New Years Day. And, in order to make up for the lousy December I am confident we will have a very profitable January as well as a posssible record breaking February. I am no weatherman but my trick knee of 13 years has seldom failed me. Til then, appreciate the dreary days off and rest up. For soon the snow will fall and the bank accounts will once again grow wealthy.

11. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

here here plow meister!!!!!!!!!!

12. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Mr. Allin.
    Thank you for the reminder about our sense of humor. Those of us who've been here awhile still get it. I am 100 miles west of the windy. Haven't seen a flake (of snow) yet. It will come. and if it doesn't, then my wife will just get that much more sick of me. Hey Slim, no lung thingy's this year okay!

13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Just to let you all know,

In off topic there was a thread title: "Where is the snow in Chicago"

I merged that thread to this one.

Rick

14. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I'll do my best... but I can't make any promises. LOL!:D

15. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Just don't turn off your plow lights to say "guess who?" and hit something, Tim.

Bruce

16. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

On the TV show ER, it seems to snow every thursday night.
    You all need to contract with NBC.
    Dino

17. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

No snow in Chicago !!!!

Thats because JAA took it all to Salt Lake City !!!

Cant have a winter olympics without snow:p

Just kidding John:D

18. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

it was 55 degrees here in iowa today. went to the store with the plow on the truck wearing just a short sleeve shirt. lets not forget this is still only fall. :(
    i think winter starts friday. :D
    then it just has to snow!!!
    Mark K

19. Plow Meister

looks like we will see some white gold over Christmas. Yippee!!!

Looks like I won't have to get my Christmas dinner at the soup kitchen this year after all.

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I can unconditionally guarantee that it will snow this season. When it does, we wil plow it and salt it. Hows that for a prediction?