1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago Snow "Gotta Wierd Feeling"

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Snow Picasso, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I don't know about you guys, but I think we're going to get more snow than 1-3". Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but we're so close to this one it's hard to believe it's not going to cold enough! What do you think? :nod: :nod: :nod:

2. Well, if you do get it, send it our way would ya :waving:

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Snow Picasso,

where you located in IL? Im in Franklin Park.

Ken

4. Snow Picasso

I'm in St. Charles! I grew up in Schiller Park. Where are you located in FP? Chris

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

It's all one the front. If the jet stream moves a tad that 12" in WI could push south and bingo - it's pay day. On the other hand last year we got on last push in early January and that was it for the season....... :-(

6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Accuweather says 2-5 and so does NOAA. But I'm talking at the border. I have that feeling too. Maybe it's because we haven't seen anything decent since January. Even local guy on ABC 7 said possible 2-5 by border. My hopes is the low pressure tracks 100 miles furthur south and the cold front comes sooner.:nod:

7. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Snow Picasso,

I live at Grand Ave and River Rd. My yard is like Belmont and River Rd. well more like King St. and River Rd but Im getting booted out and need to move by the end of the month. Both my parents grew up in Schiller Park and most of my family for that matter.

Ken

8. Snow Picasso

You had to say Grand & River Rd. Next time I'm getting Judes I'll stop in and say hello! lol I almost went there tonight. I grew up at 25th & Irving. Call this # 847-678-0440. It's Celli Trucking & I know there renting out spaces. Ask for Carlo. He's the owner. Anyway, there pretty much at Manhiem & Irving. Maybe they can help you out. Did you salt tonight? Just got back. We had a good sleet for awhile then pretty much turned to rain. Almost feel guilty! Rather be safe than sorry! Let me know if it works out for you. Chris

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  9. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

Its still raining! When is it going to snow....

10. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Chris (Snow Picasso),

Thanks a ton for the number. I'll have to owe you then. I give them a call tomorrow. Im gonna need a temporary place for a couple of months while I look for a small factory, yard or both together in the SP/FP area to purchase. I dont want to have to deal with this getting booted out and sh*t again. I checked out my major accounts and most were busy tonight with traffic so they never got Icy. Me and my buddy decided not to go out tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night is a different story. For some reason you guys in St. Charles, the weather is always different, its like your miles and miles away when your not, its weird. By the way, whats the name of your company? Thanks again for the #. PM me sometime or email me newlooklandscp@aol.com Know anyone who needs a Vbox, I got a Hi-way Super P for sale that I dont need. So so sick of looking at it. Lol.

Ken

11. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Looking at the radar I'm thinking we are not going to see much other than ice and slush. The jet stream has established itself in a slight northerly direction and picked up speed. WI on the other hand looks like they will be nailed.

Maybe it will change again tonight.

12. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

We are at 32 deg and it just started with freezing rain...Freeport has pouring rain with thunder and lighting..all if it will turn to snow by this afternoon...Roads are very bad...

13. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

Can some one give me an update on the snow in NorthEast IL. if there is any? I am in IN right now and will have to come back to plow.

14. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

12:50 Palatine, it came down as rain and most of the snow showing from overnight is melted off.

15. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

2:20pm weather.com is saying 1-3" for 60131. Hopefully it happens.

Ken

16. bluejeep

bluejeep Member
    from IL

4:30 2/16 anything?

17. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Nothing ... call for absolutely nothing.

18. Snow Picasso

So much for that wierd feeling!!! S**T!!! This is unbelievable! Well there's always March! LOL :salute:

19. snatchal

snatchal Member

Point your trucks North and start driving

God loves snow plowers who are Packer fans.:drinkup:

20. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Northwest Illinois......Freeport, Lena, Pearl City, Galena, etc. all got 2" of ice. This is going to be interesting...payup payup payup