1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago Salt ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Vaughn Schultz, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I know I'm not the only one looking for salt . . . . . . . . .

Anyone one have any ideas? seems this area is totally out. The company that I used last year is not sure if they are even going to get salt from cargill, I guess they are heavily supplying the state and municipalities.

So if anyone has an idea of where I can get salt that would be grand, Im looking for about 500 tons. Thank you.
  2. Big Snow Balls

Big Snow Balls Member

Vaughn I think everyone in this area is in the same boat, I keep getting the run around from all my suppliers. I think things will cool down in a few weeks. I have herd a few roomers that there will be more salt barged in.
  3. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

How about Russo power Equipment, any news?
  4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

has anyone heard prices on bagged salt yet this year??
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Dont quote me on this but I think russo was Vaughn's previous supplier.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

3.95 /bag for a pallet

thought about getting a semi load just for reserve
  7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, we dont want to get into what happen with russos last year..lol
  8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

lol, was it that bad?
  9. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I never had a problem with Russo's at all last yr. Granted I did pay high prices like everyone else in Feb but I called in for a load and got it in a few days.
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I got a half semi load of Ice Melt and the other half salt being delivered tommorow from my local supplier in Freeport, IL.
  11. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

where at and do they deliver if you can pm contact info that would be great
  12. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Bagged salt is just showing up this week at the various places who were smart enough to order early ( very early ). Bulk .... I'm told forget about it. State/County then muni's get it in that order. Some muni's are asking about bagged salt as an option. I picked up a bunch today for 4.35 a bag.
  13. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Could someone tell me how to go about finding a bulk supplier in the Springfield IL area? Just got a bulk spreader and am expecting some ice in the next few months. Thanks, aj

14. 3311

3311 Senior Member

I purchased 6 semis from Cargill this last week and paid $ 4.15 a bag for Halite 50 lbs. bags.

Also got 50 tons of bulk from my local distributor.
  15. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

have you heard of Amturf? they called me yesterday about their advance order deal (its a good one) you order before Oct. 31 and it's payable on or before Dec. 10, you leave the salt on their warehouse and get the salt when you need it. email me if you want more details.