1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago, NW Indiana, South Bend Snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by kmamark2000, Dec 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kmamark2000

kmamark2000 Senior Member

Ok.. Now this is not funny.. As of today, December 27th, there has been snow three times. Each snow brought only 1" or less. I wish nature would quit teasing us and just dump some of the white stuff on us already! All my contracts call for 2" or more so I am not plowing anyone. Geeze.. I guess I will be watching more snow plowing videos on Youtube instead fo actually plowing the snow. So if you have videos in your computer or phone, post them so I have something to do.

2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Had about an inch of snow today.....2" trigger here.....went out and had a snowball fight with my kids as my brand new blade sits still without seeing snow!

3. M&S Snowplowing

M&S Snowplowing Senior Member

Posted today on Weather Channel. Local weather seems to be agreeing some what. Keep your fingers crossed kiddies

... HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW POSSIBLE SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT...

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND PERSIST THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE OVER FAR SOUTHWEST LOWER MICHIGAN INTO NORTHERN INDIANA. IN MICHIGAN THIS INCLUDES BERRIEN... BRANCH AND SAINT JOSEPH COUNTIES... .AND IN INDIANA... SAINT JOSEPH... ELKHART AND NORTHEAST LAPORTE COUNTIES. THESE AREAS MAY RECEIVE IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES OF SNOW... ACCOMPANIED BY BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. TRAVEL MAY BECOME DIFFICULT OVER SECTIONS OF INTERSTATES 80 AND 94... AND HIGHWAYS 6... 12... AND 20.

IN ADDITIONAL TO THE HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW POTENTIAL... VERY COLD WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES CAN BE EXPECTED SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. THE COLD AIR... IN COMBINATION WITH THE WINDY CONDITIONS WILL CAUSE WIND CHILLS TO FALL INTO THE TEENS AND SINGLE DIGITS SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

to bad thats not for nwi....just you eastern guys :mad:

5. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Frustrating!

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

say it again cln :cry:

7. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

Brand new blade still hasn't seen snow

8. kmamark2000

I think I am gonna travel a little and try my luck in Elkhart County. Need to do something.. desperation is getting all too real.

9. M&S Snowplowing

Hoping this all pans out, local 11 o'clock weather says looks like monday should be the snowiest day. Hoping to hit all my clients and maybe pick up few flag downs thru out the day.

10. If any of you guys need help let me know I can send two trucks out there.

11. kmamark2000

I'm heading out to Elkhart, IN Monday at 7am.

12. Mark where are you coming from.

13. kmamark2000

Porter, IN. About 1 hour 15 minutes from Elkhart, IN.

14. do you know if you are in need of help or are you just going for the fun of it

15. kmamark2000

Mostly for the fun. Been sitting here without snow and the craving are getting to me. My plow just sits and cries each day. I don't have any contracts out there just going door to door.

16. M&S Snowplowing

Goshen Indiana reported 2" @ 10:00pm

17. MARK SUPPLY

MARK SUPPLY Member

Get the spreaders and salt ready. Its going to be slick out there, the little snow we have is blowing around like crazy 30+ mph winds

18. ERWbuilders

ERWbuilders Senior Member

Anyone need a back up driver...Im coming from IL only need at least enough to cover fuel $120 to get there and back, tired of not plowing snow...im having withdrawels damn snow!
    I can be there in about 3 hrs, shovel and shovel guy too if needed

19. M&S Snowplowing

Be carefull ERW roads are really slick, just came back home for a few and even with good tires and 400lbs of weight in the back it's still like driving on snot.

20. plowcrack

plowcrack Member

Monday 6am CST and only about 1 inch dusting so far just west of Laporte here. Talked to my buddy 15 miles to the east and he's got 3 or more inches.

Might have to follow suit, go for a ride, and do the door to door thing for fun.