1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago job i found

Discussion in 'Employment' started by billzrx7, Sep 7, 2010.

1. billzrx7

billzrx7 Member
    from Chicago

Found this on craigslist if anyone is interested. I am not the original poster on CL. googled the phone # and it doesnt come back to anything listed from what i can tell and the way they word the salt reimbursement seems sketchy but to each their own.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/lab/1940191275.html

2. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

?????

I AM NOT POSTING THIS JOB I THINK THIS IS A JOKE OR SOMEONE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR I DID SEND THEM A EMAIL WAITTING FOR A RESPONSE....

Snow Plowing Job (chicago and west suburbs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-09-07, 12:13AM CDT
    Reply to: job-pzuxu-1940191275@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our company is looking to add experienced employees for snow plowing business for upcoming season (November-March). We offer both fixed and variable compensation and flexible schedule. Ideal individual will own a snow plowing truck and will have prior experience. We are not looking for someone with a snow plowing business to fit us into their schedule (please do not reply). We are expecting a dedicated vehicle at any time of the day on as needed basis. We will also consider salt reimbursement of up to 50% of cost.

If interested please email or call Ashley 224 628 3230 224 628 3230

Compensation: flexible
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1940191275

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I say the same one and emailed them they emailed me back it cam up as zach zinger no company name though anyone heard of him good bad anything thanks

4. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

just called left my number.. will see

5. Reliable Snow and Ice

yeah i called nothing back....

6. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

Samething here i think someone was jokking around the ad sounded like they wanted a plower for the season on call just for them well they dont know we have seasonal prices and they wanted the salt for cheap in chicago a plowers bread and butter is salting not so much plowing but thats in the city they want to pay up to 50% of cost what about the extra fuel we use to haul it around and the wear and tear on our trucks and tires lets not forget the salt spreaders they are not cheap at all and insurance....

bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

7. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

So what does 50% of salt mean??? Sorry up to 50%. What I charge or what they do?

8. Reliable Snow and Ice

it really doesnt matter there fake any way

9. chitown sparky

I sent an email and he got back to me with one word answers and then when I asked if there was an opening there was no response what a waste of time

10. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

So what does 50% of salt mean??? Sorry up to 50%. What I charge or what they do?
    MEANS WE PAY SAY 200.00 FOR A TON OF MAGIC SALT THEY WILL PAY US UP TO 300.00 AND WE HAVE TO GIVE ALL OF IT TO THEM WHEN THEY NEED IT WE SPREAD IT FOR THEM ON THERE LOTS................

OR 120.00 FOR ROCK SALT AND THEY WILL PAY UP TO 180.00 PER TON

11. chitown sparky

not sure that was one of the ? I asked and got no response I took it as if you pay 120 they will give you 60 witch to me sounds a little shady but from no response in 3 days thats what he probably means JMO

12. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

wrong. that means they will pay up to half of the salt. not pay up to 150% of what you have into it