1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago going to get nailed

Discussion in 'Weather' started by snowgal, Nov 29, 2006.

1. snowgal

snowgal Junior Member

well been watching the radar here at work and they are calling for up to ten inches in the south and north west of the city. CHICAGO WILL BE buried. Our op is in full swing and the guys are pumped to get out and play! Tomorrow should be fun they are talking snow by noon and lots of ice during the early morning commute tomorrow. Any one else getting ready?

2. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

when ???????? here???????? get out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Dont jump the gun. This storm gets tweeked just a little and we not gonna get sh*t. Just pray it doesn't. Sad thing is Im not even ready yet!!!

4. bmatlock

bmatlock Junior Member

Weather man says 2-4 one minute and 6-10 the next in Central Illinois who knows. Hoping to play this year also! Bought a Skid Steer this year for side jobs. We havn't had much snow in the last few years so I sold my plows (debating on buying a new one for my truck) but right now I just have the skid steer. I can remember when there was always good snow when I was a kid.

5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

have fun plowin in chi town boys it missed us again in Des Moines,ia just like f--- last year all to the south or north gettin friggin tierd of it time to sell this crap or move north!!!!!!

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Good luck guys, hope you pummeled & everyone has fun. Just do me a favor...pass that sh*t over my way when its done there!

7. DrB

DrB Junior Member

Here's hoping we gwt something.
    I am dying to try out the new Western and teach my son to plow........

DrB

8. chevyplowman

chevyplowman Junior Member

I expect to get buried with snow. I had to take the plow off my blazer for my wife to use while her car gets fixed. I had it on and all ready for some fun in the snow. Hope to get some soon.

9. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Just off of Fox Chicago ...... 10-16" Late Thursday through mid-day Friday.

It's looking good!

10. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

You know.. thats just not fair.. we havent seen over 10 inches here in years.. Have fun and everyone be safe.

11. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

save some of that snow for us.

12. snowgal

snowgal Junior Member

Let There Be Lots Of Snow

I am hearing 16 inches in some areas guys I was so excited not even I could sleep! I will have to close my door today at work and watch from my office windows. I love watching our massive op go into swing. We have the largest fleet in Chicago land GO MAC'S SNOW REMOVAL!!!!!! Now anyone want to dig me out of my driveway in the morning so I can come in and do billing?

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Um, can you Chicago guys tweak the forecast a little....we are out of the big snow's path by about 50 miles! Dammit!:D

14. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Just heard Traci Buttler on AM890 radio .... She's saying most of the weather folks and all of the models have this storm pegged at 2-3" per hour starting at midnight through to noon Fri and that it is coming up as alarge as the '78/79 storm which burried the area!

If it turns out like 78/79 ............. huge and beyound.

15. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

if you guys need help let me know i am in des moines wouldnt mind getting away for a weekend

16. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

That would equate to over 2 feet of snow in 12 hours. Everyone else I've talked to hasn't said anything like that. Who knows. I got my radio on 890 right now. I'd like to hear that forecast.

17. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I just heard that she actually predicted the snowfall to be around 12" or so.

Don't forst that the equivelant of 12" can easily fall in a 12 hour period. However, since the ground temperature is still kinda warm I doubt much will stick. We may get 6" of wet heavy snow to play with but I doubt it will get worse than that. But what do I know. It's not like I'm a meteorologist or anything:D

18. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

No, but I'm willing to bet that most of us plowers could predict the weather just as good as these meteorologist.:p Not like we don't eat, sleep, and breath weather during the winter.:D

19. gatorman777

gatorman777 Banned
    from chicago

purplebou We're getting slammed with last minute people asking for snow removal for tonight. I've been quoting 3-4 times the amount since I don't want to take on any more accounts. The sad part about it..............THEY'RE WILLING TO PAY IT!!!!!!!!!!! payup

20. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

I am in Indy.............if any of you need help let me know at SSRB87@aol.com. I will come up and plow for the right $$.