1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago get ready Jan 4th & 5th

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Some models are pointing to a possible snow storm on the 4th & 5th of Jan, some where in the mid west.

This is my storm :gunsfiring: I call it! I saw it first !! No one ells take it! No one to the north, south , east or west :nono: !!

Chicago I feel This one. Get ready !!! :)

2. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

where do u get this info?

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

the crack dealer on the street corner :D hey, forecasters suck, so maybe thats a good source for weather. they are always out in the elements lol

4. Vaughn Schultz

I got a hunch on this one :drinkup: more less my prediction :rolleyes:
    just looking around on accuweather.com and weather.com (i hate this site)

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. :nono:

6. Vaughn Schultz

Hey I just wanted to throw it out there so if it happens I can say I called it :D

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

well, ya know, mama always said its nice to share! so, how about sending it up this way when you figure you had enough. :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :waving:

8. SCL

SCL Senior Member

As long as it comes from the west, I'm all for it!

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Well if it happens they can name it after you..."the Grassbuster Blustery Snowstorm". If it doesn't happen how about we get to give you a new screen name just for a little fun?? :D

Is it a deal Grassbuster?

Buck

10. hesko1

hesko1 Member

Jan 4

In 22 years of plowing I have plowed a lot of times on my birthday Jan 4. There couldn't be a better birthday present for me! :)

11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I hope so grassbusters!

12. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Farmers Almanac calls for 2 major "blizzard" type storms for the Great Lakes region in Jan.

13. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I've been following the same weather report.One day it looked like a can't miss!! The next day it was to the North & to the south by Urbana!!!Splitting around Chicago again!!! Here's my theory! Those Damn nuclear power plants!!! They form a triangle around the Chicagoland area.They fired them up in the early 80's......sounds good doesn't :drinkup: it!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

14. chuckers

chuckers Member

amen im ready for some something more then i can just take a backpack blower to for sidewalks :redbounce preach on please till then im goin back to :sleeping:

15. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

We've got thunderstorms in the forecast here this week! :dizzy:

16. Vaughn Schultz

Up North

What kind of name are you looking for ?
    how long would i have to keep it :confused: ?

Do we need to set a snow fall amount ? as to how much needs to fall ?

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I was just kidding around with you Grassbuster. I don't know that the mods would care for that anyway. Speaking of mods, do we have any? Boss are you one? I know Jodi made a cameo appearance then disappeared again.

Anyway, good luck on your storm prediction, hope it happens as we all know that it's like money falling from the sky... payup !!

Buck

18. Vaughn Schultz

hey that could have been fun ;)

You could have changed my name to " I hate snow" or " Ford trucks suck " or "Down with blizzard plows" something that every one would yell at me for and tell be to get lost :eek:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  19. Up North

Up North Senior Member

We can still go for it. Instead of a screen name change maybe a pic of you swimming in one of the local lakes Jan. 4th or 5th. Pop a hole in the ice and jump in! In a shallow area of course...don't want to get anyone killed here. Up here they have Polar Daze, and one of the highlights is people slipping on a bathing suit and taking a dip in the lake. Talk about an eye opener... :eek:! I've seen 80 year old men dive right in...crazy.

Then of course if your predicted storm happens, you get to name it after yourself.

Any ideas guys??

Buck

20. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

Grassbusters its true same thing last year aroudn the 6th no snow all season warm temps cold front moves in and bam 8 inches...tom skilling the man on wgn chicago knows his stuff an he also has said condictions look right for this strom LEZT IT SNOW