1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago!!! Get ready for one more! April 5, 8 inches+

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Picasso, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I know you guys are wondering were the hell this is coming from!But I'm telling you now! My gut is better than the local idiots here. Just when you think it's safe to start your spring installs or clean-ups.....BAM!!! There's gonna be a decent size storm...just enough to really jazz things up for a few days.I guarantee it!!! Good Luck and remember! There's no Business like Snow Business! Yee- hah!!

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Are you sure? We havent had a plowable snow since mid jan. Not one plow in december, feb, or march. What ever happend to the old chicago weather. We used to get tons of snow. Now, nothing. Looks like lots of warm weather on the horizen.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Ultimate, you need to lower your triggers bud. I was out 2 times this month and 3 times in Feb. Lets see jan was 6 or 7 callouts and Dec we had 2. Plus Nov was 1. 1" triggers are sweet and you get the same as pushin 3". Been a good year for me.

Todd

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Oh boy, I sure hope so :nod:

When are you predicting this storm to hit?

5. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I took my plow up to our shop in Wisconsin so now it will snow LOL. Last time I put it on at an 1" got in the house and it stoped. I hope this will help it snow one more time. You guys owe me if it does.

6. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Actually, you owe us from when you put the plow on early and killed that other storm. I just hope that we get something.
    I think I finally got the bugs out of my new used truck. It didn't make it all night on the last two storms. Would like to give it one more shakedown run. Although, I have been planning for the arrival of spring and warmer weather.

Jeff

7. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Sorry to say you are dead wrong. It will be 60 degrees on April 5.

8. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

We have plowed as late as April 7 up here. I believe that it was a 4in. event. 1.5" trigger up here. payup

9. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

This could be a good bet payup payup

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

LMAO!!! Yeah right :rolleyes: We got almost 3 inches last night and did it stick? Hell no. Winter is over.

11. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I'll have to agree with you on that one. They have already posted the roads ( and as far as I know they have unposted them). We are almost back to work for the summer thing. As far as I'm concerned, Winter was over at the end of January! Now I'm hoping for a good spring so I can make some $^*$$% money!

Jeff

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'm with you on that one as well buddy! :nod: This winter was horrible. :angry:

13. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

T-man, I salted those events! Im not a big fan of plowing only 1 inch of snow. Just doesnt feel right when salt does the job. My trigger is 2 inches.

14. T-MAN

Ultimate, I agree on pushing 1" but it was usually when temps were ?able and salt may not get it done for 7am completion times. These accounts are black and wet or nothing. No accumulation is acceptable. So you get a push and salt.
    Todd

15. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

winter is over :waving: .ground here is too warm .Time to start paving again :waving: payup

16. T-MAN

Somebody better be taking antacids, my gut tells me its 9 pm and 70 degrees out lol.

17. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I don't even think it will frost again :rolleyes:

18. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Yeah, that's doubtful. It was absolutely beautiful today, high was like 77 or something like that.

Perfect weather!

Well, for plowers, in the high 20's and snowing is perfect, but you know what I mean! :D

19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

He was a day and a couple hundred miles off... could have been worse. We got it instead :p

20. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

So how close was I?