1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago bagged product shortage?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 1olddogtwo, Sep 10, 2015.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-morton-salt-building-collapse-20141230-story.html

Ran in old employee of mine yesterday, he started working here about 5/6 years ago. During our small talk, I asked him if he was stilling working here and to my surprise, he said he was layoff. I was really? He said this time of the year, they should be running 4 lines/10 hr shifts bagging product and currently on running one line @ 40 hrs.

The city is trying to condemn the building, years of salt and lack of maintenance has put the building into deficient state. The city wants to eminent domain and turn it into high rise condos

Hate when links don't post right from phone

www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-morton-salt-building-collapse-20141230-story.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the plant were the wall collapsed. And the salt burried cars

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Yea, that's it. The city won't issue repair permits I guess. Thats main storage area,the production area is unaffected but little room for storage. They should be bagging 50 tons a day.