1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago area Vandalism

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bird21, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Be on alert guys
    Someone filled my fuel tank on a brand new skid with milk or something water based and white that settled to the bottom of the tank.

Only thing is there is a bank next door with crazy cameras.
    Cops are running tapes as well as intersection video.

I hate bad people
    And no I don't have a beef with anyone and I
    Am a sub on the lot. No name on the loader either.

Lock up your s$&@

2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I have that on my Fuso. Good deterrent for an idiot who "sort of" wants to mess with you. Doesn't stop the real JO's from getting to your stuff.

Security cameras help, but guns work the bestThumbs Up

4. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

All our loaders have locks
    This one was dropped off from dealer and never got through our shop. I picked it up to take it back to the shop just that type of stuff. Go figure

5. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 Senior Member

Don't worry not just Chitown pulled up to one of our skids and found it like this last week... Siphoned damn diesel out and its only $2.25/gal.... Now told everyone to back up everything against a building or pole. Hopefully no dead batteries. Still looking for some sort of trap cameras or video that you could plug inside the machine and record motion etc.....

_20151218_192629.jpg

6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing like that happens in my area near Baltimore. Those thugs just riot.

7. Boyerlandscape

Boyerlandscape Member

Leave some full jerry cans next to the tires, and sit across the street locked and loaded.

8. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing worse than thieves and liars. Should be shot on sight although unfortunately, then you would be the bad guy.

9. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

LOL no just put Kerosene in the red gas can and leave it. And if someone takes the can then be assured if they put it in their car they will have problems.

10. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

With lawyers today - you'd probably get sued for damages, what a world we live in.

11. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

I'll take my chances.... It's a risk/reward ratio. And I like the reward %.

12. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

you could always set up game, trail, hunting cameras where you park your equipment or inside it if you were really worried about vandalism, maybe you could get a few pictures of them.

13. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I always wanted to use an old car coil to electrify my sh!t. Won't kill, but 40,000 volts DC sure gets your attention. Imagine hooking it up to your fuel caps and hydro caps and locks...isolate them with rubber or plastic, and then the douchenozzle becomes the ground...

14. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Has to be a x employee

15. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Not an ex employee actually never had one leave on bad terms. The plot thickens as another loader was hit as well.
    Different site same town. More cameras there so the detectives are narrowing it down.

Such a violating feeling

16. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Do you think it could be a competitor?

17. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Not sure on the competitor idea as this site we have had for years and they don't go out to bid. I am at a loss as who would do this to us. I am sure someone somewhere could be salty with us but who knows. Got the one loader fixed as the filter and water separator stopped all the contaminants from getting to the engine, so far so good. I wouldn't doubt issues down the line with this one. The other loader not so lucky...........Toast

18. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

So sorry to hear that you ruined a machine. I can't even imagine how infuriating that must be. I would be ready to kill someone if I was you. It doesn't matter how mad you are at someone, you don't sabotage their equipment. They better hope the cops catch them before you do. I feel for you.

19. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

Bird,

I'm sorry to hear that. It infuriates me that someone would do that to your equipment. I have never understood why equipment doesn't have a seperate lock for the door/access panel (kind of like older Chevy trucks seperate key for ignition/doors). We ended up putting locking covers over the fuel, oil and radiator caps on the backhoe after having some issues with equipment previously. I'll post a pic (when I'm back at the equipment) in hopes it helps someone else avoid the same issues we've had. Have you taken preventative measures with any other equipment that you might have?

20. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

All the other machines are on highly secure locations where someone would be in big trouble for even stepping foot on the grounds. All my other loaders are and have been locked for years, as I said these came right from the dealer to the site before we did our touches to them.