1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago area storm possibility?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by dmlandcare, Feb 10, 2007.

1. dmlandcare

dmlandcare Junior Member

Hoping for this storm to come drop a few inches at least, what do you guys think so far, check out Tom Skilling of wgn's forecast at www.wgntv.com, he seems to be the best liar out of all the lying weatherman on chicago area news.
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully it will slide up north like last time payup
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

i was hoping no one would mention it. you see, the last 2 little storms there were no posts about it here until after the storm. Now thats it brought up, it will miss us!

Im just praying it doesnt snow during my vacation, the 17-20th. Its a paid vacation by the inlaws so i have to go! I would rather stay home!!
  4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Well according to my friends at the National Weather Service in Moline this storm is coming further north. Strong possibility of blizzard conditions. just have to wait and see.
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I am glad it is paid because you would have to pay for my vacation and pay me 50 dollars a hour to go on vacation with my inlaws.:D

6. stroker79

Haha, yeah i know. Im not thrilled but lucikly its only 4 days
  7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Weather this a.m. says up to 2-4 inches lake & mchenry counties and souther wis. for overnight. Lager storm passes to our south tomorrow into Tuesday. 1-2 up here lots more the furhter you go south....the winter strom watches are starting to pop up already.
  8. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

my area is in the winter storm watch it saying 6to 8 or more in locacalized areas but only time will tell:cool:
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Right now i'm just outside the winter storm watch area....by about 30-40 miles. Lets see what is said tommorow!:rolleyes:
  10. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

the lastest update is a winter storm warning may dump 6 to 12 in my area payup payup payup :yow!: :
  11. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

1-4 tonight starting after midnight............5-10 forrrrrr, wait a minute. They just updated the forecast as I sit here. Our area could see up to 6-12 now. Only time will tell!!
  12. dmlandcare

dmlandcare Junior Member

Looks like northern IL is gonna see about 4-6 and the further you get to I80/ about 1/5 down from the top of the state will be as much as a foot. Thats alot more snow than they were expecting for this area on saturday, only time tells. Good for us looks like the big storm is finally here, but i hate to speak to soon
  13. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looking Good, Looking Good. Does anyone have a reliable subs looking for work for this storm and into the next few weeks? I have one of my F350's down from an accident and need a truck up in the arlington hts/palatine region for 3 accounts. Thanks for the help.
  14. stroker79

if you do not need them salted, i can most likely do them. I am going to bed right now since i have been up since 7am on SUNDAY but call and leave a msg if you still need help.