1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago Area Snoway Owners... Need help...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Flatulentvandal, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Flatulentvandal

Flatulentvandal Member

My float and DP are being restricted by what we believe to be a constant unwarranted signal from my wireless receiver module..

Diagnosis: replace the module ($370).... Not returnable....

Before I buy a $370, non-refundable part that I am not 100% confident will solve my problem, I would like to test it out with a working module to verify that it will correct my problem...

Is there anyone near Lombard or Franklin Park, IL with a Snoway (with wireless & DP) who would be willing to meet me and quickly swap in your module to see if it solves my problem? It takes only about 5 minutes (or less) to pull out....

I would be willing to compensate you for your time and effort...

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

If you do not find an individual, I am too far away-try stopping in at Tim Wallace Snowplow Supply, have found them to be very helpful. They may want you to just bring your control box in and they will test on their plow. Hope you get this solved!

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

change the batteries

4. Flatulentvandal

Flatulentvandal Member

I called Tim Wallace Supply in Bollingbrook and they want to bill me a min of 1 hr ($95) just to touch it, even if the new part fixes it right away...

After doing all the troubleshooting myself, I was hoping to save myself from having to pay a shop all that $$ to re-discover what I already found out...

5. Flatulentvandal

Flatulentvandal Member

Update:

Problem resolved! I took my plow over to EM&J rental (St. Charles, IL) and they were very helpful. They popped in a new control module and the plow now works fine.

I will definitely be going back to EM&J... They were very good.... and more than fair with the price..

6. jcombs73

jcombs73 Junior Member

question

sorry, posted in wrong thread....

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011