1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago area snow comin'

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Meister, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I should knock on wood, first. We need an icon for that.

Well, the ever so accurate weatherman at twc.com says we are gonna get hit with 6" to 8" between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. It's about time we get a heavy fall. I make way more money after 6"payup

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I work for our local governmant and our county weatherman said basically a repeat of mon-tues storm (5'-6"). Personally I hope that the snow isn't too heavy, makes pushin' a lot tougher. But with the temp supposed to be around 30, who knows. Good luck and safe plowing:waving:

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I wish it would come down hard and quick and be done with it. Seems like all we've had so far are slow lingering ones where you always have to go back and clean up again.

4. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Hey Plow Meister I hope you get that storm to boost you up and get out there to work! Please don't touch the reccomended PSI!

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Oh, I forgot to add: LOL! Stay safe old buddy!

6. I'm jealous. I think I heard we might be getting sleet, freezing rain and snow again in the detroit area :mad:

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

8 inches predicted for here also.:bluebounc payup
    We were supposed to only get 1-2 inches Monday night but we ended up getting 5 inches!:nod:

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

You just made my night:D
    Cheers:drinkup:

9. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

First yr in a long time we have had some snow. I have worked 7 of the past 11 days- not much time to sleep.

10. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ohhhh NO :eek: This system is doing the "Ohio valley split " gonna miss Indy and Chicago !!!! :realmad:

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yea looks like its going to miss most of michigan also,that sucks.

Regards Mike

12. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

well,i'm hearing alot of diffrent things first i heard 5-8" for chicago and NW inday but im hearign 2-6" i dont care jsut let it sbnow so i cant make some money

13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

They keep saying it's going to tease us with snow (NE Ohio) then turn into a rain event!!! Course every4 hours the forcast changes.

14. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

here is the lastest.aline form gary in stright west ..anythign north of this line 3-6" anythign below this line 2-4 " and then 1-3"of ice on top of that

15. PLOWGRRL

PLOWGRRL Member

HEY MY STREET ISN'T PLOWED YET!!!!
    just took me 2 1/2 hours to get home from school. Thank god for 4X4. 120 is horrible!