1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago and Great Lakes potential winter storm early next week....

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MetDone20, Dec 2, 2011.

1. MetDone20

MetDone20 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hey guys,

We are watching the potential of a major winter storm Monday-Tuesday time-frame for Chicago and Great Lakes region. Details are all over the place and plenty of model runs to watch this but another piece of energy in southwest Rockies look to start things off with a overrunning event sunday night/monday across TX/OK and eventually spread NE Monday-Tuesday across Ohio Valley and Great Lakes. Right now the system looks quite progressive and keeps most of Chicago dry but latest indication are suggesting a potential SFC development along a tight thermal boundary from TX to the Ohio Valley and its conductive to winter storm development from TX to Michigan Monday-Tuesday. This may put Chicago in bullseye for a heavy winter storm early next week and with warm lake in early December it coudnt get any potentially better for snow-lovers out there. Will keep an eye on it..

gfs_namer_168_1000_500_thick.jpg

2. And where did you get this info.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

that bullseye terminology sure sounds good. will see what happens

4. MetDone20

MetDone20 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I look at weather models like the weathermen do:salute:

5. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmm.....havent heard a peep about this....ill stay tuned!

6. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

nor have I...but you did use a lot of big words so...it's gotta be right...right?

7. MetDone20

MetDone20 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Of course. I inform snow-plowers in Great Lakes of any major winter storm threat for years in at my forum (which is in my sig)

8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Not to be a smarta$$ but I haven't seen this either? You say look at weather models like weathermen do.... Why haven't those guys mentioned it? I sure do like what your seeing. Please keep us updated!

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

wow thats shifted way north since Thursday

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I realize he's too far to really help you guys in Chi-town, but Xpress has been talking about this storm for quite sometime now in the SE Michigan thread.

Thanks MetDone, bookmarked your site and will register when I have a few minutes. Not that I need more forums to look at. lol

11. Pushin 2 Please

12. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I think we are all on the same page....we all wanna push snow! So anyone with information on future storms is a asset to have around. Thanks for the info!!!

13. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

This is for this coming up monday and tuesday? Like 2 days from now?

14. Pushin 2 Please

Yes it is GMC.... hope it pans out!

15. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Lets hope so! :redbounce

16. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

NWS has dropped any chance of snow monday, tuesday. Anymore insight?

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe next time mother will allow us to play in the snow. This is a non-event for Chicago at this time. We may get some flurries and LES