1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cheyenne single headlights to silverado composite headlights?? need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cameron2171, Jun 28, 2012.

1. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

i have a 97 chevy cheyenne 2500 ... with the single headlights which are also daytime running lights... i was wondering is there any way i can put composite headlights in the truck? obviosly i would need a new grille. any advice would help, thanks!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

yes it can be done,,,not a big deal. if you dont need to have drls then dont worry about it and just pull the fuse

3. cameron2171

Ohh i see... is there anything i need to buy besides the grille and headlights to make it work... do i need a different. Wiring harness? Thanks

4. dieselss

Thinking a little more on it,,,,you might need a new core support. Yours is set for the one light. The dual lights might use a different support. Ck lmc truck .com. they have a lot of stuff for your tk

5. cameron2171

Yes i know lmc is a great catalog... thats were im getting all my stuff from ... how much is the core support.. and yea i basically just wanted to make sure it could be done with the wiring and what not

6. dieselss

Wiring is Gunna be a little tricky,,,,but can easily be done if your savy with electrical. The support. I really don't know. EBay or bone yard

7. cameron2171

Yea im not sure if they have that support in lmc... and im just wondering about wiring cus its going to be 4 lights instead if 2

8. dieselss

Yea. Lmc has the high beam wiring update kit,,,but alls you really need is a relay for the high beams for the second bulb

9. cameron2171

Ohh i gotcha that makes sence... so i need grille, headlights, core support, and a relay? Im going to put pictures up once its all done i apreciate the help

10. dieselss

You have anyone by you that has the 2 beam front end that you can look at for help so to speak?

11. cameron2171

Hmmmm probably ... im not really a mechanic but i have a good idea of how it all goes together

12. dieselss

Ok. Sometimes looking at what it will become will help with what parts you need as well

13. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

You're going to need new park light/turn signal assemblies and side markers as well. I don't think you need the core support but I'm not positive.